Humvee to Be Replaced in a $5 Billion Competition

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Humvee to Be Replaced in a $5 Billion Competition

Postby azi malik on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 am

latv_2_hr.6x2pdvow7vok0o0koko8sgk0c.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg
latv_2_hr.6x2pdvow7vok0o0koko8sgk0c.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg (33.24 KiB) [ Viewed 7837 times ]
latv_2_hr.6x2pdvow7vok0o0koko8sgk0c.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg [ 33.24 KiB | Viewed 7837 times ]

Competition has started for the replacement of nearly 18,500 military Humvees for the Marine Corps and the U.S. Army beginning 2015.

The $5 billion-plus program has already six proposals in play. Three winners could receive up to $65 million for the preproduction engineering, development and manufacturing of the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle.

Here is the list of the 6 competitors:

- BRV-O: AM General LLC
- Eagle: General Tactical Vehicles, a joint venture of AM General and General Dynamics Land Systems
- L-ATV: Oshkosh Defense
- Lockheed JLTV: Lockheed Martin Corp
- Saratoga: Navistar Defense, with a separate division of BAE Systems
- Valanx: BAE Systems Inc., with Northrop Grumman Corp. and Meritor Defense

“The companies are putting a lot of money into the JLTV now, even though the money they have available is a bit tighter. There’s less funding available overall for r&d and new vehicle development,” said Bruce Barron, CEO of precision cast-maker Barron Industries Inc., of Oxford Township, Michigan

Barron Industries has been focusing on the development of both the Eagle for General Tactical Vehicles and the BRV-O for AM General. The company has submitted bids to all six teams on the JLTV hoping that this will secure production of components for the suspension systems, chassis, and engine.

source:inautonews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News