Toyota’s latest Corolla for Japanese market new technology

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Toyota’s latest Corolla for Japanese market new technology

Postby azi malik on Thu May 31, 2012 8:47 pm

2013_toyota_corolla_axio_7__medium.jpg
2013_toyota_corolla_axio_7__medium.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 6462 times

Toyota Motor Corp. is fitting new technologies into its redesigned 11th-generation Corolla as an attempt to give the compact car a more glamorous feel. The Japanese version of the Corolla will sport features like climate-controlled seats, safety belts with pre-tensioners, automatic high-beam headlamp dimmers as well as automatic interior lights. Toyota has started selling the Japanese version of the Corolla. However, it is still unclear whether the Japanese carmaker will also install those features in the overseas versions of the Corolla. However, Hiroya Fujita, chief engineer of the Japanese Corolla, remarked that the company wants to fit as many common parts as possible in all Corolla versions worldwide.

The Japanese version of the Corolla differs both in size and performance from the United States version of the nameplate. Also the two Corolla’s have separate chief engineers. Toyota is planning to announce the rollout schedule of the overseas versions of the Corolla next spring. According to Fujita, the US version of the Corolla will be powered by a 1.8-liter engine, while the Japanese variant is ran by a 1.5-liter powerplant.

Fujita remarked that the US version of the Corolla will be wider, longer and taller than the Japanese variant. Although both cars will sport similar interiors, they will don different exteriors, most notably the front fascia and grille. According to Fujita, stiffer competition in the global small-car market has prompted Toyota to make the improvements.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News