Toyota unveils 2013 Camry for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Toyota unveils 2013 Camry for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Postby azi malik on Wed May 23, 2012 9:27 am

Toyota-Camry-NASCAR-Sprint.jpg&maxW=431.jpg
Toyota-Camry-NASCAR-Sprint.jpg&maxW=431.jpg (21.34 KiB) [ Viewed 5818 times ]
Toyota-Camry-NASCAR-Sprint.jpg&maxW=431.jpg [ 21.34 KiB | Viewed 5818 times ]

Toyota on Tuesday unveiled the new 2013 Toyota Camry that will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and the redesigned car will have lines that are closer than ever to those of the showroom Camry.

“We’re thrilled to finally unveil our new 2013 Camry, and we think NASCAR fans will really appreciate that our new on-track Camry looks like the one in their driveways,” said Ed Laukes, Toyota Motor Sales vice president of marketing communications and motorsports. “Our 2013 Camry looks more like the production vehicle than ever before, and we hope this helps revitalize the long-standing relationship between fans and manufacturers in NASCAR. Never before have we had a Camry competing in NASCAR that looked so similar to its production counterpart.”

The 2013 NASCAR Camry has a new grille area that matches the production model, distinct character lines down the side of the vehicle and an updated rear.

“We’re extremely proud of the new Camry, and the development of the car was truly a unique process,” said Lee White, president and general manager of Toyota Racing Development. “NASCAR and all four manufacturers were brought together to guide the direction of the new cars. We all worked together to put the ‘S’ back in NASCAR—we all wanted race cars that look more like our stock, production models—and together we accomplished that. Our new Camry for 2013 is a great-looking race car. Everyone at Toyota is eager to have our drivers in a race car that more resembles the street Camry.”

For 10 consecutive years, and 14 of the past 15 years, the Toyota Camry has been the best-selling car in America. The Camry is built at Toyota manufacturing facilities in Georgetown, Ky., and Lafayette, Ind.

source:autoweek
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News