2012 Toyota Pixis Epoch launched in Japan

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2012 Toyota Pixis Epoch launched in Japan

Postby azi malik on Wed May 16, 2012 11:18 am

2012_toyota_pixis_epoch__medium.jpg
2012_toyota_pixis_epoch__medium.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 9916 times

Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) has launched the "Pixis Epoch” in Japan. This is only the second passenger minivehicle to be offered under the Toyota brand. It will be available in over 200 Toyota dealerships across the nation. The Pixis Epoch provides the basic appeal of mini-vehicles. It offers day-to-day transportation with high fuel efficiency at a cheap price. The Pixis Epoch is priced from only 795,000 yen and offers top-level fuel efficiency for a gasoline-fueled vehicle with a fuel economy of 30.0 km/L and outstanding everyday utility. The Pixis Epoch is the fourth vehicle to arise from Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. For TMC under a minivehicle OEM deal reached in September 2010.

All models are equipped with the eco-IDLE system-an idling-stop function that shuts off the engine as the vehicle comes to a stop (approximately 7 km/h or less)-and other fuel-saving features to achieve a fuel efficiency of 30.0 km/L under the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) JC08 test cycle and CO2 emissions of 77 g/km. All the models surpass the MLIT 2015 fuel efficiency standards by 20%, and when combined with certification for emissions levels that are 75% lower than the 2005 standards of the MLIT approval system for low-emission vehicles, the Pixis Epoch qualifies for tax reductions under the tax incentive program of the Japanese government for environment-friendly vehicles.

The Pixis Epoch is offered in eight pleasant colors like Cotton Ivory. It is simple and doesn’t have extraneous elements, making it sophisticated and with advanced and vibrant styling. The simple silhouette has low, flowing lines that signal excellent aerodynamic performance while high-quality interior’s logical design hints at innovation. Its body is compact (3,395 mm long, 1,475 mm wide, and 1,500 mm tall). It permits the Pixis Epoch to park in low-clearance parking areas while four adults can comfortably fit in its spacious interior.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News