2013 Toyota RAV4 EV priced at $49,800

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2013 Toyota RAV4 EV priced at $49,800

Postby azi malik on Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 am

2013_toyota_rav4_ev__medium.jpg
2013_toyota_rav4_ev__medium.jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 6564 times

Toyota introduced today the all-new RAV4 EV at the 26th annual Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles. Priced from $49,800, the vehicle has a total range of 100 miles and can be charged in almost six hours on a 240V/40A charger. Regarding the performances, these are quite impressive for an electric SUV and the RAV4 EV offers two distinctly different drive modes, Sport and Normal. In the Sport mode, the SUV sprints from 0 to 60 mph (96 km/h) in 7.0 seconds and has a maximum speed of 100 mph (160 km/h). In Normal mode, the RAV4 EV sprints to 60 mph (96 km/h) in 8.6 seconds and has a top speed of 85 mph or 136 km/h. Maximum output from the electric powertrain is 154 HP (115kW) @ 2,800 rpm. As expected, the battery and electric powertrain are designed and produced by Tesla.

The RAV4 EV’s battery pack is mounted low and to the center of the vehicle, contributing to a more sedan-like ride. Regarding the design, the RAV4 EV comes with LED low beam projector headlights with halogen projector high beams. Moreover, we find five vertical LEDs, which make up the daytime running lights. The rear lights are accented by LEDs and come with light smoke outer lens. Other exterior modifications include new exterior emblems on the front, rear and the front door panel with the Toyota “environmental blue.”

Later this year, the Toyota RAV4 EV will be available in three exterior colors: Blizzard White Pearl, Shoreline Blue Pearl and Classic Silver Metallic. Inside we find a unique “Neutron” fabric, woven with a subtle sheen and blue accent, on the seat inserts and door trim. The interior is highlighted by an eight-inch capacitive touch screen with a state of the art graphic display, featuring navigation, telematics, and EV drive information and settings designed specifically for the RAV4 EV. As expected, the Toyota Entune is offered as standard along with SiriusXM Satellite Radio , AM/FM radio, Bluetooth streaming audio, and USB port with iPod connectivity.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News