Land Rover’s regional sales up 40%

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Land Rover’s regional sales up 40%

Postby azi malik on Tue May 08, 2012 7:41 am

imagesl.jpg
imagesl.jpg (9.26 KiB) Viewed 3181 times

Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover has posted strong sales results for the MENAP (Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan) region at the end of its fiscal year.

Sales for its luxury SUV brand, Land Rover, in the Middle East and North Africa region were up 40 percent on the previous year in what is the sixth largest market for Land Rover globally.

Jaguar’s performance was also strong, with regional sales up 20 percent year on year in the brand’s fifth largest market globally.

The figures are a clear indication of Jaguar Land Rover’s positive growth in the region, with demand for its luxury vehicles remaining strong.

Land Rover experienced phenomenal success with the launch of the new Range Rover Evoque, with order banks stretching out across the year.

The popularity of its Range Rover and Range Rover Sport nameplates continued to be a key growth driver for the Land Rover brand, posting an increase of 21 percent on its flagship, the Range Rover, and 16 percent on the Range Rover Sport.

Notable market performers in the region included North Africa, where sales of the Land Rover LR2 more than doubled year on year, and Iraq, which experienced strong growth in its first full year of operation. The brand also posted healthy sales in the Kingdom, the UAE and Qatar.

Jaguar’s positive performance was led by the flagship Jaguar XJ which posted record year on year sales results, up 78 percent on the previous year, placing the Middle East as the fourth largest market for the XJ nameplate worldwide.

Sales of its luxury sports car, the Jaguar XK grew by 38 percent year on year, reaffirming the success of Jaguar’s continued investment in new products such as the XKR-S, the fastest production car Jaguar has ever built, and the introduction of its 12MY line-up.

source:arabnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News