Kia K9: New Official Shots and Details

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Kia K9: New Official Shots and Details

Postby azi malik on Fri May 04, 2012 3:01 am

Kia_K9_01.jpg
Kia_K9_01.jpg (24.08 KiB) [ Viewed 4763 times ]
Kia_K9_01.jpg [ 24.08 KiB | Viewed 4763 times ]

New official information on the Kia K9 flagship: the Korean saloon boasting a sleek, modern design, in line with the new stylistic standards of the brand and developed to please both the Asian and the Western markets. The K9 design is elegant, balanced yet simple, with the signature “Tiger Nose” front grille, slim LED headlights, long sweeping sidelines and a well proportioned tail, enriched by twin exhausts.

The premium saloon has an overall length of 5,090 mm, a width of 1,900 mm, a height of 1,490 mm and a generous wheelbase of 3,045 mm. Inside the car appears at the same level of the best German and Japanese competitors: painstaking attention to details, the use of quality materials and refined assemblies. The instrument panel features a large multifunction screen, operated by a control knob and buttons, located at the central of the dashboard. The passenger compartment is equipped with leather upholstery, prestigious trims, a sophisticated entertainment system (17-speaker Lexicon audio system) and air-conditioning.

The tech-department boasts a lane departure warning system, a blind-spot detection system integrated on the rearview mirrors, a smart cruise control and an around-view monitor system with four cameras.
At launch, the car will be available with two engines: a 3.8-litre MPI V6 with output of 290 hp, which will be joined by a 3.8-litre GDI V6 unit with direct fuel injection delivering 334 hp. Future plans for an 8-cylinder engine have not been confirmed, yet. Both engines will be mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission that sends power to the rear wheels. International sales will start later this year: at the moment Kia has no plans to bring the K9 to the UK.

source:eurocarblog
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News