What Car? introduces True MPG

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

What Car? introduces True MPG

Postby azi malik on Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 am

what_car_true_mpg_4__medium.jpg
what_car_true_mpg_4__medium.jpg (43.62 KiB) Viewed 5628 times

With True MPG from What Car?, you don’t have to take the automaker’s word for what its models’ fuel economy ratings are. Consumers in the UK can determine what the mpg rating is with the most realistic conditions possible. With the involvement of Tesco Petrol Filling Stations, What Car? True MPG can test cars on real roads in the conditions faced by motorists daily. Before True MPG came along, consumers would hang on to the fuel economy ratings claimed by automakers. EU law determined these figures. In addition, the automakers conducted their tests in laboratory conditions on rolling roads. Consumers can now make use of the exclusive True MPG tools to check the fuel economy of their new car by logging on to whatcar.com/true mpg.

What Car? editor-in-chief Chas Hallett said that every motorist is focused on the fuel efficiency, especially with fuel prices increasing. Numerous car buyers have complained that the actual mpg rating doesn’t match the official government fuel figures. True MPG will enable motorists to choose a car personalized to their driving requirements and budget. The vehicles are tested by What Car?, using a portable emissions-measurement system when the engines get to the normal operating temperature.

Two experienced engineers then drive these vehicles on various road types such as motorway, A- and B-roads, and past towns and villages. The information that results from this testing include driving style, altitude changes, ambient temperature, as well as humidity and engine temperature. Sensors Inc. makes this highly advanced testing equipment. It is being used by vehicle and equipment manufacturers throughout the world for both product development and testing.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News