Dubai police auctions 23 vehicles, including a Ferrari Enzo

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Dubai police auctions 23 vehicles, including a Ferrari Enzo

Postby azi malik on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 am

ferrari_enzo_dubai_abandoned_3__medium.jpg
ferrari_enzo_dubai_abandoned_3__medium.jpg (43.52 KiB) Viewed 8991 times

A special auction took place on Wednesday as the police in Dubai attempted to sell 23 luxury vehicles, which include a £1 million limited edition Ferrari Enzo. This is believed to be the most expensive police sale throughout history. There had only been 399 units of this model produced worldwide. Last year, the police impounded the car, which was found abandoned in a car park and had already been covered in a lot of dust.

A Brit owned these vehicle, which is considered one of the top 10 fastest ever road cars ever built. It is believed that the owner is being hounded by unpaid traffic fines, which had piled up as the supercar was left there 20 months ago. Many expats decide to simply abandon their pricey cars because having a debt in Dubai is a crime. To avoid jail, many would skip the country. They would be placed on the Interpol wanted list by the rich Arab state's authorities. It’s unknown if the Brit had committed serious crimes.

The supercar will be getting a 5998c aluminium V12 engine, which delivers 660bhp and reach a top speed of 217mph. It can accelerate from 0-60mph in only 3.4 seconds. Enzos, where were first produced in 2002, are so rare that every time one crashes the value of the others go up. Among the cars included in this auction are the following: 7 top-of-the-line Porsches, Corvettes, Mercedes, BMWs, Infinitis, Range Rovers and Dodges.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Re: Dubai police auctions 23 vehicles, including a Ferrari Enzo

Postby root on Wed May 02, 2012 7:36 pm

I heard on the radio that they denied that there are any super cars!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Dubai police auctions 23 vehicles, including a Ferrari Enzo

Postby azi malik on Thu May 03, 2012 10:20 am

this is in the news... u know the shaikhs ;)
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News