The new Mercedes G63 AMG

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

The new Mercedes G63 AMG

Postby azi malik on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Mercedes_Classe_G63_AMG_01.jpg
Mercedes_Classe_G63_AMG_01.jpg (38.06 KiB) [ Viewed 9263 times ]
Mercedes_Classe_G63_AMG_01.jpg [ 38.06 KiB | Viewed 9263 times ]

Mercedes USA releases the first official pictures and info of the new G63 AMG. The AMG-branded version of the ‘Gelandewagen’ chenges its name (it was formerly known as G55 AMG) and engine, boasting now a 5.4-litre twin-turbo V8 credited with an output of 544 hp and 760 Nm of peak torque, which makes for a +37 hp and +60 Nm over the previous 5.5 Kompressor unit.

For the first time, a G-Class AMG model will come with an ECO system with Start/Stop that reduces consumption and emissions of the vehicle. Aesthetically, this AMG variant of the G-wagen can be easily told apart from the other versions by its re-designed (and quite aggressive) pair of bumpers.

Wider fenders, a new set of alloys, side skirts, red-painted calipers and mufflers placed in front of the rear wheels emphasize its sporty attitude even further. The Mercedes G63 AMG will be soon on sale in Germany at 137,000 Euros, while the more performing and expensive G65 AMG - equipped with a twin turbo V12 delivering 612 hp and an impressive 1000 Nm of torque - will follow shortly with a price tag of 264,000 Euros.

source:EuroCar Blog
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News