2012 Beijing Motor Show Preview: Citroen Numero 9

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2012 Beijing Motor Show Preview: Citroen Numero 9

Postby azi malik on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:29 am

citroen_numero_9_concept_41__medium.jpg
citroen_numero_9_concept_41__medium.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 13178 times

This new Citroën Numero 9 concept will debut at the Beijing Motor Show. It’s the first to arrive from a fresh wave of DS models. The Numero 9 is a preview for the styling direction that will be taken by the upcoming three DS models: a VW Jetta-sized premium saloon, an SUV and an executive saloon flagship that has the same size as a BMW 5-series model. This new concept will be launched in Beijing, coinciding with the presentation of the current DS3, DS4 and DS5 to the Chinese market. At Citroën’s core markets, DS sales have reached over 200,000 units to date. For 2012, the range will be offered to emerging markets such as Russia, Brazil and China. Of the three upcoming DS models, two will probably be available in Europe, including the UK. The Numero 9 shooting brake concept is the inspiration for all the models.

It’s likely that the production version will be given the DS9 name. Numero 9 measures 4930mm long, 1940mm wide and 1270mm high, with a wheelbase of 3000mm. With this size, it is positioned between the BMW 5-series and BMW 7-series. Its weight is 1500kg and is equipped with 21-inch ‘turbine’ aerodynamic alloy wheels that aid in channeling air around the wheel arches. The Numero 9 was designed in Paris. It comes with features that are new to the DS line such as a 3D-effect front grille, a new set of full LED headlights and a unique strip of LED daytime running lights.

All of these features will be carried over to the upcoming DS production car designs. This means that the car will get plenty of chrome trim, glazed side surfaces, and the ‘floating roof’ effect. The concept is powered by a plug-in hybrid all-wheel drivetrain. The rear axle is powered by a 69bhp, 148lb ft electric motor while the front wheels are driven by a 221bhp, 203lb ft 1.6 THP petrol engine. Meanwhile, those offered in Europe will get a diesel motor. The Numero 9 to be displayed at the Beijing show will be powered by a petrol engine that enables it to accelerate from zero to 62mph in 5.4sec. Even with this performance, it has a shocking combined fuel economy of 166mpg and it only emits 39g/km of CO2.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Re: 2012 Beijing Motor Show Preview: Citroen Numero 9

Postby andredrake on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:00 pm

stunning car
when I can buy it
andredrake

My Profession: mechanic
My Dream Ride: rider

Re: 2012 Beijing Motor Show Preview: Citroen Numero 9

Postby azi malik on Tue May 01, 2012 8:00 am

this is concept so will take time... but lets see when it does... ill post some updates on this if i come across some
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News