2013 Ford Escape gets a starting price of $23,295

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2013 Ford Escape gets a starting price of $23,295

Postby azi malik on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:26 am

2013_ford_escape_front_angle_08__medium.jpg
2013_ford_escape_front_angle_08__medium.jpg (28.08 KiB) Viewed 7942 times

The redesigned 2013 Ford Escape crossover is $200 cheaper than the previous model with its base price of $23,295 (including shipping costs). What’s new for 2013 is the Titanium trim level – the top trip level. Opting for a fully loaded 2013 Escape Titanium model will cost the buyer $31,195 (which includes $825 shipping). Dealers have started to take orders for the redesigned Escape, which will arrive at dealerships this spring. Production started this week at Ford’s Louisville, Ky., assembly plant. The 2013 Escape is drastically different from the current model, whose boxy appearance is associated with traditional SUVs.

Ford is expecting that this model will enable Escape to be among the top of the list when it comes to sales of entry-level crossovers. For the first quarter of 2012, the current Escape has snatched 14.2% of the entry level crossover segment. It came in second to the Honda CR-V, which had an 18.1% share. This year, Escape sales have risen 5% to 58,604 units.

The demand has stayed strong even as it’s on its last year. Ford believes that there will be smooth transition between the models as the present Escape is produced at Ford’s Kansas City, Mo., plant. Ford said that supplies don’t have to be adversely affected by having to close a plant during a changeover. Ford will continue working on the current model for just a few more weeks. Ford spokeswoman Angie Koslowski said that the company predicts that the base level S model will make up around 10% of 2013 Escape sales. What remains would be split between models offered with two EcoBoost engines: a 1.6 liter and a 2.0 liter. The bigger EcoBoost will be offered as standard equipment in the Titanium.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News