2012 Kia Rio Named to Best Cars for Teens

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2012 Kia Rio Named to Best Cars for Teens

Postby azi malik on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:10 am

10762857-large.jpg
10762857-large.jpg (20.15 KiB) Viewed 11437 times

--Stylish Sub-Compact Shines in Fuel Economy, Value and Content - Kia Rio delivers class-leading fuel economy up to 40 miles per gallon[1] on the highway and is the most overall fuel-efficient subcompact car of those named by Vroomgirls.com - Rio's affordability combined with an abundance of standard amenities make it an impressive overall value

IRVINE, Calif., April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The award-winning Kia Rio has been honored once again, this time as one of the "Six Best New Cars for your Teenager" by Vroomgirls.com - the first comprehensive automotive website created by and for women. The site hailed the Rio for its modern styling, high fuel economy and exceptional overall value. Also highlighted was the subcompact's abundance of standard amenities, including USB connectivity and steering-wheel controls, while Rio's impressive warranty and available navigation system received nods as well.

"Rio being recognized as one of the 'Six Best New Cars for your Teenager' by Vroomgirls.com further validates all of the virtues which have made it popular with both parents and young drivers," said Michael Sprague, vice president, marketing & communications, Kia Motors America (KMA). "Excelling in design, fuel economy, value and driving enjoyment makes the Rio a truly well-rounded choice in the competitive subcompact segment."

Editors from Vroomgirls.com evaluated vehicles based on several main parental-focused criteria, including safety, reliability and value, but also considered factors important to teenage drivers such as user-content, fun-to-drive character and styling. Vroomgirls.com selected the vehicles that offer the best combination of these characteristics.

"Parents want a safe, reliable car for their kids, but teens only care about what's cool," said Tara Weingarten, Vroomgirls.com editor-in-chief. "The 2012 Kia Rio checks both of those boxes."

Kia's Unprecedented GrowthKia Motors is the one of the world's fastest moving global automotive brands; from 2009-2011 Kia launched more new vehicles in the U.S. than any other automaker, and under the guidance of chief design officer, Peter Schreyer, earned a reputation as an industry leader in automotive styling. Kia Motors America's full line of fuel-efficient and fun-to-drive cars and CUVs has earned critical acclaim and dramatically increased consumer awareness, perception and consideration for the brand. In 2011, KMA recorded its 17th consecutive year of market share growth, thanks in part to the largest increase of any major brand in perceived quality[2] and the industry's highest brand loyalty ranking[3]. Kia's U.S.-based manufacturing facility in West Point, Georgia - KMMG - is responsible for the creation of more than 10,000 plant and supplier jobs and builds the company's two best-selling vehicles in the U.S. - the Sorento CUV and Optima midsize sedan[4]. Kia's value and technology-laden 2012 model year lineup also includes the Sportage compact CUV, Soul urban passenger vehicle, Optima Hybrid, Forte compact sedan, Forte 5-door compact hatchback, Forte Koup two-door coupe, all-new Rio and Rio 5-door sub-compacts and Sedona minivan.

source:marketwatch
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News