Spy Shots: 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Flagship

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Spy Shots: 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Flagship

Postby azi malik on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:32 am

2014-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-01.jpg
2014-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-01.jpg (77.52 KiB) [ Viewed 15533 times ]
2014-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-01.jpg [ 77.52 KiB | Viewed 15533 times ]

These are some of the most revealing scoop pictures yet of the next iteration of the 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class limousine, codenamed W222.

Automakers tend to loosen up on the camouflage when a car's presentation is drawing closer and from what we've heard, the new S-Class will arrive in Merc's dealerships across the world during 2013.

If there's one thing that's obvious from these photos is the 2014 S-Class sedan's styling will be more evolutionary than revolutionary. Sure, there will be new details such as the headlamps and the swoopier rear-end design along with different line structures for the profile, but overall, the shape of the car will be reminiscent of the current model.

The interior, on the other hand, will be redesigned from the ground up with one of the most prominent features being the extra-large TFT display spread across half of the dashboard, which will include graphics for the instrument panel as well as the infotainment system.

Furthermore, Daimler's recent decision to axe the Maybach brand will most likely result in the introduction of more plush variants of the new S-Class.

The W222 rides on a revised platform architecture and will be offered in both short- and long-wheelbase derivatives as well as with the choice of rear or all-wheel drive.

Depending on the market, buyers will be able to choose from updated V6, V8 and V12 petrol units along with four-cylinder and V6 diesels, as well as a selection of standard and plug-in hybrid models. Naturally, automatic transmissions will be standard across the range.

About a year after the launch of the regular models, the German firm's AMG division will ready its own sporty versions to replace the S63 and S65 AMG sedans.

source:Carscoop Blogspot
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News