Rumors: Spy Shots–SLS AMG Black Series

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Rumors: Spy Shots–SLS AMG Black Series

Postby azi malik on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:26 am

car_photo_502612_25_jpg_677x1000_q100.jpg
car_photo_502612_25_jpg_677x1000_q100.jpg (103.61 KiB) Viewed 14014 times
The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is a seriously impressive car in its own right–AMG’s massive 6.3-liter V-8 produces 563 horsepower and launches the 3500 pound supercar to 60 miles per hour in 3.8 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 197 miles per hour, and the quarter mile is dealt with in just under 12 seconds. As recent spy shots show, however, AMG clearly means to squeeze even more power and speed out of its bespoke creation.
These spy shots from AutoExpress are proof that the company is hard at work on the SLS AMG Black Series, a harder and more fearsome iteration of the SLS. Snapped during testing somewhere in Scandanavia, the SLS Black Series should benefit from a tuned version of the standard car's V-8 that will develop over 600 horsepower. The dash to 60 miles per hour should fall in about 3 seconds, and odds are good it will crack 200 miles per hour.

Like other Black Series models, the SLS should be widened and lowered, receive the requisite wildly flared wheel arches, and ceramic brakes stuffed inside larger wheels. No word yet on price, so we’ll have to wait until later this year when the car arrives to find out.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News