Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse Is World’s Fastest car

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse Is World’s Fastest car

Postby azi malik on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:39 am

Another day, another Bugatti Veyron special edition. The most recent one came at the Qatar Auto Show last month, and it set new heights in tastelessness for Bugatti. Its defining “feature” was the over-application of the color yellow inside and out. Ugh. The latest one is dubbed the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, and it is far more appealing.

It lays claim to being the fastest production roadster “of all time”. That’s because it melds the performance of the hardtop Super Sport with the open-top Grand Sport. For Bugatti it’s a way to use existing hardware, have another claim in the record book, and watch the profits roll in. Win! Enthusiasts will like this one a whole lot more than the previous car.

Like the Super Sport, the Grand Sport Vitesse boasts a power output of 1,200 horsepower and 1106 pound feet of torque. That is up from the “standard” Grand Sport’s 1,001 hp and 921 lb-ft of torque. The boost in power accomplished by four (!) enlarged turbochargers. The chassis has also been worked over to help better handle the increases in power.

Bugatti President Wolfgang Durheimer commented, saying: “The rapid success of the Super Sport convinced us to increase the performance of the Bugatti roadster. Once again our engineers worked hard to demonstrate that Bugatti is able to constantly redefine the boundaries of what is technically feasible….we gave our all to transfer the achievements of the Super Sport over to the Grand Sport, thereby turning open-top driving itself into an extraordinary experience at high speed.”

We’ll take that over garish new special editions any day! The Grand Sport Vitesse makes its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show beginning next month. Given that open top cars command higher prices, the Grand Sport Vitesse’s price tag will likely set a new record for Bugatti.
vitesse1-623x415.jpg
vitesse1-623x415.jpg (63.31 KiB) [ Viewed 9719 times ]
vitesse1-623x415.jpg [ 63.31 KiB | Viewed 9719 times ]

azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News