Ford Mustang will receive a fuel-efficient EcoBoost engine

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Ford Mustang will receive a fuel-efficient EcoBoost engine

Postby azi malik on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:59 am

2013_ford_mustang_convertible_static__medium.jpg
2013_ford_mustang_convertible_static__medium.jpg (36.51 KiB) Viewed 18147 times
An EcoBoost engine is what’s most likely to be used on Ford’s Mustang, according to product chief Derrick Kuzak last Monday. He spoke to reporters last Monday night at the Detroit Auto Show. This suggests that this car will make use of EcoBoost. He explained that this is likely to be a “very safe bet at some point in the near future.” Kuzak didn’t name the engine that may be used by the Mustang. But it is known that EcoBoost is available in four- and six-cylinder variants in the U.S. The most robust V6 delivers 365 hp. It will be offered in the Taurus SHO and the F150. For many years, it has been expected that the EcoBoost will probably appear in the Mustang.

Its top officials said that the company has consistently said that the technology would be frequently used by most of its lineup. But then, the Mustang was never mentioned. Ford has recently updated the 2013 model year to have a 420hp engine. The Shelby GT500 was also enhanced to offer 650 hp with a 200-mph-plus top speed. The car’s sales fell slightly in 2011 to 70,438 units, a slight improved tally from 73,716 in 2010.

Last year, Chevrolet sold 88,249 Camaro units. Ford CEO Alan Mulally also attended the event. However, he provided no guidance about his future at the automaker. He added that there’s currently no “timetable” for Ford’s models. It has also yet to be determined if Ford would release any potential dedicated supercars for Ford. This is what the company has been missing since the demise of the Le Mans-inspired GT. According to sales and marketing chief Jim Farley, the goal is to attract attention to performance versions of its mainstream cars, like the Focus ST.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News