2013 Audi A8 3.0T launched

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2013 Audi A8 3.0T launched

Postby azi malik on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 am

2013_audi_a8_front_view__medium.jpg
2013_audi_a8_front_view__medium.jpg (33.62 KiB) Viewed 10206 times
Audi of America has launched the 2013 Audi A8 3.0T at the Detroit North American International Auto Show. It is equipped with a supercharged V6 engine. Meanwhile, the A8 3.0T should provide 333hp and 325 lb-ft of torque. They also come with high efficiency. Standard quattro all-wheel drive will be used on the A8 3.0T. Buyers are allowed to choose from the broad variety of standard and optional equipment. For later this model year, Audi of America seeks to introduce the 3.0 liter V6 TDI clean diesel in the A8 model line to offer two six cylinder models with amazing fuel efficiency in the upper-luxury sedan segment.

Both models will feature the start/Stop technology as standard. They will also be the first to get Audi’s fuel saving technology in the U.S. market for the Audi brand. The A8 – the flagship of Audi – comes with a lightweight aluminum body that has the Audi Space Frame (ASF), for a boost in performance efficiency and ride comfort. The A8 ASF is about 40% lighter than a comparable steel body. It also comes with high rigidity and excellent vibration suppression to qualify as an excellent demonstration of Audi ultra lightweight construction. To reduce weight, the LED daytime running lights and optional full-LED headlamps are available to enhance the design while also reducing weight and needing less energy.

Audi has put much thought into the vehicle integration of Wi-Fi service. Passengers of up to 3ght models could use the mobile hot spot capability for passengers that allows connections for as many as eight Wi-Fi capable devices and permits passengers to connect to the internet, link to email and download music, video or even conduct a video conference. Audi goes even as far as to announce that the Google Voice Local Search is a first. This results to more intuitive requests to guarantee that they’re able to keep their focus on the road. There will be 2012 Audi A8 models to be offered. The destination searches could be set up by voice command to enable the innovative Audi MMI touch, which has a touchpad interface or the MMI system dial. Its other features are real-time information, including weather, fuel price updates, and streaming news feeds (which may be viewed when the car has stopped). Buyers could also opt for the BOSE Surround Sound System or the Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News