Fiat 500 Abarth Checks In At $22,000

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Fiat 500 Abarth Checks In At $22,000

Postby azi malik on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 am

In November, the Fiat 500 Abarth was revealed at the Los Angeles auto show. There was as swarm of press at the event, eager to see the new car. The 500 is known as a “cute” car, mostly aimed at women so far. Jennifer Lopez doing the advertising? Yeah….let’s just say performance and a hard core edge has been lacking. The 500 Abarth takes care of that for a lot of people. There has been a lot of anticipation for this car. Today, Fiat has released pricing for it – and it clocks in just about where it should be.

The 500 Abarth will set you back $22,000 when it goes on sale (not including destination). That is a hefty premium over the standard car’s $15,990 asking price, but the two cars are like night and day – both in appearance and power under the hood.

“The Fiat 500 Abarth feels like a double shot of espresso straight to your veins,” says Tim Kuniskis, Head of FIAT Brand for North America, Chrysler Group LLC. “…it will reward adrenaline fans who no longer need to pay six figures to feel the rush of true Italian performance.”

Fiat calls the car perfect for “track day enthusiasts” and driving purists. The 500 Abarth is powered by a 1.4-liter MultiAir turbocharged four-cylinder delivering 160 horsepower and 170 pound feet of torque.

That power only has 2,533 pounds to lug around. You row your own gears as well, as the 500 Abarth five-speed manual transmission is the only option. Changes include unique exterior detailing, beefed up braking system, redesigned exhaust, returned suspension, a turbo boost gauge and 16-inch aluminum wheels. Purchase price includes a ticket to the Abarth Driving Experience day, hosted by the Richard Petty Driving Experience. This the exclusive to owners, and Fiat says it will provide top-level driving instruction in a safe and structured setting. Nice. Extras like that help make the buying experience special. The 500 Abarth goes on sale this March.
fiat500abarth-01-copy-623x416.jpg
fiat500abarth-01-copy-623x416.jpg (59.15 KiB) [ Viewed 9073 times ]
fiat500abarth-01-copy-623x416.jpg [ 59.15 KiB | Viewed 9073 times ]

azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News