2012 Chevrolet Sonic receives a 5-star rating in the NHTSA c

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2012 Chevrolet Sonic receives a 5-star rating in the NHTSA c

Postby azi malik on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

2012_chevrolet_sonic_crash_test__medium.jpg
2012_chevrolet_sonic_crash_test__medium.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 11441 times
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave a 5-star overall vehicle rating to the 2012 Chevrolet Sonic when it comes to safety. The agency tested the vehicle under the NHTSA’s modified Assessment Program accomplished starting with the 2011 model year. The addition of the Sonic means that GM now has ten 2012 models with 5-star overall vehicle ratings in terms of safety. This overall rating consists of frontal and side crash tests aside from rollover resistance testing. The three test conditions were combined mathematically to have an “Overall Vehicle Score.”

Sonic got four stars for rollover but it was still able to pull off an overall vehicle score of 5 stars, its highest rating ever. The NHTSA applies the results for the Sonic sedan to the 5-door hatchback model since they have similar safety equipment and performance. Gay Kent, GM executive director of vehicle safety, said that Sonic was developed to surpass customer expectations of subcompacts when it comes to segment-leading safety features.

He added that the company is placing overall crashworthiness and state-of-the-art safety technologies at the “top of the list of must-haves.” In fact, overall crashworthiness and state-of-the-art safety technologies have been filed at the top of the list of must-haves.” The Sonic was created to lessen the risk of crashes but at the same time, it is protecting occupants in the event of a crash. Sonic’s body structure is exceptionally strong through the integration of a single welded side ring unit and more than 60% of the vehicle safety cage built from high-strength steel.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News