The Fisker Karma : 'Luxury Car of the year'

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

The Fisker Karma : 'Luxury Car of the year'

Postby azi malik on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 pm

fisker_karma_dynamic_front_angle.jpg
fisker_karma_dynamic_front_angle.jpg (33 KiB) [ Viewed 9753 times ]
fisker_karma_dynamic_front_angle.jpg [ 33 KiB | Viewed 9753 times ]

The Fisker Karma has been heralded as the 'Luxury Car of the Year' by BBC Top Gear magazine. It was the personal pick of BBC Top Gear James May and was recognized by Editor Charlie Turner as the vehicle that best illustrates that the "automotive world order is changing, and fast" and that "the future is nothing to be afraid of". The bulk of the premium interior material on the EcoStandard and EcoSport models of this world's first range-extended, luxury electric vehicle comes from Bridge of Weir.

The car has the steering, seats, door-casings, centre-console trim and dash wrapped in the Scottish company's locally produced Low Carbon Leather(TM).

The magazine is not known for supporting products that are environmentally friendly and have low carbon emissions. In fact, Gavin Conway, a leading green motoring commentator, stated in his TheChargingPoint.com article that Top Gear is all about beautiful, powerful, aspirational, fun-to-drive and exotic vehicles. He further said that the Karma has all of these features but it just so happens to drive its wheels with electricity.

Bridge of Weir Leather Company Chairman Jonathan Muirhead congratulates Fisker on the success of the electric car in the Top Gear Awards. He added that they are proud that the automaker chose them to be its leather supplier, adding that they "like to think" that their Low Carbon Leather(TM) interior in the Karma aided "in some way" in securing the 2011 Luxury Car of the Year title.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News