Mitsubishi stops one production line

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Mitsubishi stops one production line

Postby azi malik on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:19 am

mitsubishi_lancer.7mocgfzdbxsskkowss8o4gs4g.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg
mitsubishi_lancer.7mocgfzdbxsskkowss8o4gs4g.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg (17.63 KiB) [ Viewed 8317 times ]
mitsubishi_lancer.7mocgfzdbxsskkowss8o4gs4g.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg [ 17.63 KiB | Viewed 8317 times ]

Mitsubishi Motors Corporation has announced it has stopped one of the four production lines at its main car plant in Japan since late November.

The facility in Okayama Prefecture now runs only three of its four production lines due to weak demand in Europe and falling profit on exports, as the Japanese yen continues to appreciate. Information came from The Mainichi Daily News Japanese newspaper, which quoted company sources.

According to these sources, the Mizushima plant is now operating at only 60 percent of its total capacity, which is about 600,000 cars a year. The halted production line, which has an annual capacity of about 130,000 units, had been used for making the Lancer and other models for Europe and similar markets.

Aside from halting the production line, slowing overseas demand has also determined Mitsubishi Motors to give up on its earlier plan to expand production capacity. The automaker had planned to do that in order to compensate the drop in output caused by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in northeastern Japan.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News