2011 Tokyo Motor Show: Mazda Takeri Concept

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2011 Tokyo Motor Show: Mazda Takeri Concept

Postby azi malik on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 pm

mazda_takeri_concept_5__medium.jpg
mazda_takeri_concept_5__medium.jpg (25.42 KiB) Viewed 5844 times
At the Tokyo Motor Show, Mazda has unveiled the new Takeri concept, which chief Takashi Yamanouchi says is a showcase for the potential of the Japanese manufacturer’s efficient new SkyActiv technology. Yamanouchi, the president and CEO of Mazda, said that the saloon concept, “embodies SkyActiv as efficient as a hybrid without any electrification.” He added that the Takeri symbolizes what could be achieved with its plans. The Takeri is how Mazda visualizes the next-generation Mazda 6 saloon. When it goes into production, just the door handles, wheels, and wing mirrors would be different.

Expected to go on sale within 1.5 years, the next Mazda 6 is expected to benefit from the full series of SkyActiv Tech. It will feature new very efficient petrol and diesel engines, compact, lightweight automatic and manual transmissions, new suspension systems and a new modular steel platform. This technology is meant to permit Mazda to succeed as an independent car maker after it split from Ford.

It also believes that it will be able to protect the company in the future from more stringent emissions regulations. The Mazda CX-5, which will go on sale in spring 2012, is where all SkyActiv technology will show up in a production car for the first time. The Mazda 6 would be the second car to be spun off the lighter, stiffer SkyActiv platform. Its steel spaceframe is built in small sections so that there’s ease in scaling up or down to underpin models whether it’s a Mazda 3 family hatchback or a full-size CX-9 SUV.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News