2011 Tokyo Motor Show: Mitsubishi PX-MiEV II

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2011 Tokyo Motor Show: Mitsubishi PX-MiEV II

Postby azi malik on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 pm

mitsubishi_px_imiev_ii_front_2__medium.jpg
mitsubishi_px_imiev_ii_front_2__medium.jpg (26.96 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
Mitsubishi has unveiled a second version of the PX-MiEV concept SUV that’s more efficient than ever, with a rating of 141 mpg. Powering this concept is a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and two electric motors that deliver 81hp. From the MiEV name, it’s implied that the vehicle moves in electric mode at low speeds for distances of around 50 km or 31 miles. The engine is activated and functions as a generator when the battery charge gets low.

The battery is then filled back up. The MX-MiEV II switches into Parallel Hybrid Mode during higher running speeds. Under this mode, the gasoline engine powers the wheels with assistance from the electric motors. Mitsubishi believes that this advanced system could operate with only 1.7 liters of fuel for every 100 km, comparable to 141 mpg. It boasts a range that’s estimated to be 800 km or 497 miles.

"The MITSUBISHI Concept PX-MiEVⅡ is Mitsubishi Motors’ idea for a mid-size plug-in hybrid PHEV model that offers a long cruising range demanded by mid-size (and larger) vehicles. The MITSUBISHI Concept PX-MiEVⅡ contains a state-of-the-art drivetrain derived from MMC’s already existing EV technology that delivers the environmental performance and quietness inherent to an EV in an SUV package that provides more comfortable motoring and allows for higher utility outside of a city commuter. The MITSUBISHI Concept PX-MiEVⅡ, with its high environmental performance and fuel efficiency, effectively extinguishes many negative perceptions of SUVs." said the press release.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News