2013 Nissan GT-R gets more power and smoother shifting

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2013 Nissan GT-R gets more power and smoother shifting

Postby azi malik on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 pm

2012-Nissan-GT-R-Premium.jpg&MaxW=630.jpg
2012-Nissan-GT-R-Premium.jpg&MaxW=630.jpg (35.44 KiB) [ Viewed 20530 times ]
2012-Nissan-GT-R-Premium.jpg&MaxW=630.jpg [ 35.44 KiB | Viewed 20530 times ]

Nissan has announced updates for the all-wheel-drive 2013 Nissan GT-R, which will go on sale in January 2012. Output is raised by 15 hp to a whopping 542 ponies, while torque grows to 463 lb-ft. Transmission feel and noise were tamed, and the suspension was retuned. A rearview monitor is now standard on all models.

To gain the extra 15 hp, Nissan claims to have improved the intake efficiency of the twin-turbocharged V6, reduced airflow resistance and improved the exhaust system. In addition, all of the GT-R engines are hand built, meaning they can vary slightly in power. We tested last year's model and got a 0-to-60-mph time of 2.9 seconds, so we'd expect this to be a tad quicker.

The transmission improvements were realized with a strengthened design of the shift fork arm and a firmer fixing bearing for the flywheel housing. High-performance differential oil, usually reserved for Nissan's race cars, is used in all applications.

The suspension consists of a Bilstein DampTronic system that adjusts to road surfaces and can be stiffened up with the touch of a button. Brembo continues to supply the brakes with six-piston front calipers and four-piston rears.

Twenty-inch Rays wheels stay at the corners with Dunlop Sports Max GT tires.

No word on pricing yet, but expect a small bump from last year's MSRP of $90,950.

azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Re: 2013 Nissan GT-R gets more power and smoother shifting

Postby bilalashraf on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Awesome improvements ..Nissan rocks

-Bilal
bilalashraf
Rookie