Land Rover to unveil an updated version of the DC100

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Land Rover to unveil an updated version of the DC100

Postby azi malik on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 am

land_rover_dc100_concept_4__medium.jpg
land_rover_dc100_concept_4__medium.jpg (50.75 KiB) Viewed 12272 times
As you may know already, Land Rover unveiled the DC100 Concept and the DC100 Sport Concept back in September, at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show and made quite a buzz. The car actually previews the spiritual successor of the iconic Defender, which will soldier on until 2017. According to Global Brand Director John Edwards, the 2015 Land Rover Defender will return to its roots and will connect the British brand with the Third World. Land Rover wants to make the new SUV capable, usable and abusable.

Moreover, the new Land Rover will also appeal to the “Californian surfer dude”, which is a strong hint that the next Defender will be offered in the United States. Land Rover is also working on an updated version of the DC100 Concept and it will unveil this new car at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show, which will open its doors next month.

"I had predicted we'd get a lot of reaction and that some of it would be negative," said Edwards. "I was involved in the development of the [2000] Mini and when I showed the R50 concept to the owner's clubs, some of them wanted to kill us. That is what you must expect. Overall, the reaction to DC100 reinforced what we wanted to do and told us that we're pretty much on the right track."
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Re: Land Rover to unveil an updated version of the DC100

Postby bilalashraf on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Let see how much fame does Defender gains in US.

-Bilal
bilalashraf
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: Toyota
My Profession: IT
My Dream Ride: Crazy

Return to Latest News