Lamborghini confirms 3rd model

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Lamborghini confirms 3rd model

Postby azi malik on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:23 am

Lamborghini President and CEO Stephan Winkelmann has confirmed that its third model line, commonly referred to as an “every-day” model, will soon be introduced. The four-door Estoque concept that was displayed at the 2008 Paris Auto Show had been deemed too difficult to build but now, Lamborghini is working on getting it ready quickly for the assembly line. The decision to approve production for this model came after the carmaker, together with Audi and Volkswagen, realized that a small lineup of two-seat hypercars won’t take Sant’Agata far.

It also wouldn’t be of much help to the VW Group’s plan to deliver 15 million units annually by 2018, according to Caranddriver. This model would be very new and will be made more usable than thought necessary. But if the plan to produce the Estoque won’t proceed, that could only be because Lamborghini is working on a taller, super-SUV for the lineup. This model is expected to have even more stunning looks than the previous desert-traveling LM metal models.

Sources from Bologna said that Lamborghini will be heavily examining and testing both body configurations this summer. It’s expected that the carmaker will make the final decision by October on which would be the third Lambo, which is slated to start selling as a 2015 model. But what insiders are consistent in stating is that the third one will be markedly different than one that came before. Sources also say that the carmaker plans to unveil this model at an auto show in 2013, which is when it will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Ferruccio Lamborghini’s anti-Ferrari scheme.
lamborghini_logo__medium.jpg
lamborghini_logo__medium.jpg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 13567 times
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News