GPS lingerier...what's next?

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

GPS lingerier...what's next?

Postby root on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Well, sex sells! And this Brazilian company definitely knows how to introduce their GPS tracking device. Market it as a GPS tracker of your wives and girlfriends.

Wonder how you get them to wear this?
gps-lingerie.jpg
gps-lingerie.jpg (32.91 KiB) [ Viewed 27924 times ]
gps-lingerie.jpg [ 32.91 KiB | Viewed 27924 times ]

Is GPS Lingerie Sexy, or Just a Modern-Day Chastity Belt?

http://www.switched.com/2008/11/04/is-g ... tity-belt/

This product announcement has us searching for the proper quip that will offend as few as possible: GPS lingerie is on the market (at last!) for all those women who ... have a poor sense of direction?

Yes, it's true, GPS lingerie has been introduced by Brazilian Lucia Lorio, who says her dainty garments are for the "modern, techno-savvy woman." This follows a great tradition of adding all sorts of odd technology to underwear.

But, maybe these are really for insecure husbands and boyfriends who want to keep track of their gals? That's the argument raised by some women who say the new underwear amounts to nothing more than a modern-day chastity belt. (Question: Does adding a GPS unit to any item instantly make that item more ... GPSey? Discuss amongst yourselves.)

Lorio says it isn't a chastity belt, since the wearer can turn off the device at any time – or simply keep the password to her GPS-tracking account a secret. In the end, a gimmick is a gimmick. At $800 to $1000 a set, we're going to suggest you stick with regular, cotton undies – and we'll stick with GPS for our cars, our pets, and maybe our kids.

Of course, this doesn't stop us from putting a picture of a woman in lingerie on our Web site. Either way, do you think this GPS lingerie is sexy, or is it just a modern-day chastity belt? Or do you think this is just too silly? Before make your final judgment, please check out our gallery of other iffy tech-related clothing below, and let us know what you think. [From: BoingBoing.]
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: GPS lingerier...what's next?

Postby T.N.T on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Haha, take a look at the image views :P (1365 when I saw this thread, really high!)
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Return to Latest News