Autodrome gears up for the autumn/winter

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Autodrome gears up for the autumn/winter

Postby root on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 am

There seem to be a lot in store for the motor racing enthusiasts this winter. The supercar show would be one that I would not want to miss. I think we could do without the 24H race this year. I thought enough people in Arabian Ranches complained about it to get it stopped, but I guess not.

autodrome.jpg
autodrome.jpg (1.76 KiB) Viewed 39590 times

Dubai Autodrome reveals programme for coming season

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Motor_Rac ... 48984.html
Dubai: International motorsport will be coming to Dubai as the city's autodrome unveiled its programme for the coming year.

One of the highlights of the 2008/2009 season at the Dubai Autodrome promises to be in December when the track hosts the GP2 Asia, Speedcar Series and the FIA GT3 all on the same weekend.

Last season the inaugural Speedcar Series brought plenty of excitement and close racing with former Formula One drivers taking on top sports car drivers.

Organisers said the final round of the FIA GT3 European Championship will be a bonus for motorsport fans attending the December Grand Racing weekend.

Fans can expect a big field of some of the world's most exotic cars doing battle in two one hour sprint races.

A big part of the Grand Racing weekend concept is the fan friendly atmosphere, say autodrome bosses, and there will be off-track activities with the highlight being the Super Car Show, which showcases some of the world's most expensive and desirable cars.

Grand Racing returns to Dubai Autodrome in February and March 2009 with top local National Racing on the bill instead of the FIA GT3.

The Toyo Tires 24 Hours of Dubai will be another international event taking place in January.

First major event

The event will be the first major international motorsport race of the calendar year.

Organisers say the jewel in the crown of the National calendar will be the Dubai Motorsport Festival in November, which will celebrate local motorsport.

The two day event focuses on the best local motorsport on offer.

Apart from the on-track action, fans can expect car and motorcycle parades, exhibitions, while also being able to get up close to the drivers, riders and machines in the paddock.

The UAE Sportbike Championship will also be back but with changes to the format from last season.

The former national Supersport and Stock Bike Championship which enjoyed a highly successful season in 2007/2008 has now been streamlined and rebranded as the Sportbike Championship.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Latest News