Are you a Parking Bully?

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Are you a Parking Bully?

Postby root on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:24 am

Finally, someone bringing up the topic of road-rage, or rather parking-rage. I've been a victim of this with some moron ruining my wiper because his wrongly parked car could not get out because of my wrongly parked car (we were both wrong, so why the rage?).
news_local.jpg
news_local.jpg (2.56 KiB) Viewed 41566 times

Parking Bullies Add to Woes for Motorists
DUBAI — Increasing parking woes have turned people — especially the families with more than one car — into ‘parking bullies’, according to some residents of Dubai and Sharjah.

Residents of Hor Al Anz, Deira and Karama in Dubai say that placing warning letters on car bonnets or deflating tyres are among the bullying tactics used by ‘parking bullies’ to scare away people from parking in ‘reserved spaces’.

“Since I am a resident of Hor Al Anz in Deira for a long time, I know that there are certain groups of people who claim at least three or more parking spaces for their own vehicles illegally,” says Irfan Shah, who once parked his car in ‘their parking space’.

“The next day, I found that two tyres of my car had been deflated by some unknown person. Because I did not have proof of who did that, I could not alert the police,” he adds.

Residents also say that use of abusive language and scratch marks on cars are also used as intimidatory tactics. Parking of a vehicle to block space for at least two cars, too, is indulged in by those who own more than one car.

“Once, an empty parking space was blocked with stones. There was a note that read, “Do not park here. It is against the law,” alleges Mark D’Souza, a resident of Sharjah. “And when I parked there after removing the stones since it was a free parking space inside a parking lot, the next day I found my car tyres deflated. This is highly unethical and authorities should take steps to stop such a practice,” he adds.

Voicing similar concerns, Mohammed Abdullah, a resident of Deira, says, “Parking lots are for everyone unless and until specified as reserved for handicaps. But several people have different opinions, and they somehow capture the place for their vehicles.”

Recalling an incident, Abdullah says, “After driving around for several minutes, I finally spotted a vacant slot. As I headed towards it, I found a young boy standing there.

“Despite my honking, he refused to budge saying that this place was reserved for his father’s car which could be arriving any moment soon.”

“I felt frustrated and drove away.

“Since it was a child, I did not take it seriously and did not bother calling the police,” he says, adding that such incidents were seen in a lot of places in the emirate now.

Blocking of free parking spaces anywhere in the emirate is illegal and strict action will be taken against those violating the law, said an official at the Roads and Transport Authority, adding that such people could face fines.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... heuae&col=
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Are you a Parking Bully?

Postby T.N.T on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:24 pm

If I saw someone messing with my car, I'd kick his ass
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby zeemmee on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:33 pm

HAHAH hahah ha I would too !!! But first i have to find him :D
zeemmee
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: Black Civic 2005

Postby root on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:20 am

Yeah, finding the person is the issue.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Brembo on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:26 pm

thank God i dont live in any of those mentioned places. i got plenty of parking.
but parking illegally is just wrong, have had 1st hand a experience with it in abu dhabi and have also been victim of parking rage as some moron keyed my car as it was parked in a free for all completely legal spot for 4 days without moving it :x
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Return to Latest News