The 16-month RR Phantom Coupe wait in UAE...

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

The 16-month RR Phantom Coupe wait in UAE...

Postby root on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Seems like $400,000 is pocket-change for far too many here. The order book is so filled-up that if you buy one now, you'll get delivery by end of 2009.

Article from Arabian Business below. I wonder if this lady ordered a different PC for each nail polish she had or she just has one favorite that she wears daily? What if she gets bored of that colour?

Big Gulf demand for new $400,000 Roller

Rolls-Royce launches the $400,000 Phantom Coupé in the Middle East on October 7 but unless you have pre-booked, chances are you won’t be taking one for a spin until the end of next year.

Requests so far include having a drinks cabinet built into the car and matching the colour of the car with the female customers’ nail varnish.

“If you order now you will have to wait until the end of next year,” spokesperson Frank Tiemann said. “Our capacity is limited and the feedback is very positive.”
Story continues below ↓
advertisement

Demand has been especially strong from the Middle East, where customers are also the most keen to have their car tailor made to their own specifications.

Under the Rolls-Royce Bespoke Programme, customers can create their perfect car.

A special team at the company’s manufacturing plant is dedicated to finding new paints, materials and engineering solutions.

“In the Middle East we have the highest bespoke rate from a worldwide perspective,” Tiemann says.

The programme offers 44,000 different colours for the exterior and the interior, and cars can be equipped “with whatever you can imagine and is in within the legal framework”.

In the Middle East, Rolls-Royce’s biggest market is the UAE, which has a more international clientele than neighbouring Saudi Arabia.

The two dealerships there are among the top five Rolls-Royce dealerships in the world.

“Many people who run their businesses in Dubai or in Abu Dhabi are amongst our customers,” Tiemann added.

The first Phantom Coupés will be delivered to their new Middle Eastern owners in the beginning of October.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529172-b ... 000-roller
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: The 16-month RR Phantom Coupe wait in UAE...

Postby T.N.T on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:17 pm

Deserving people don't usually have the money, like me! :P
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Brembo on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:48 pm

atleast its 16month wait for a really really expensive car.
just a 200k aed porsche cayenne got 10 months waiting!! its crazy
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby root on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:58 pm

I thought its more than 200k now ;)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Brembo on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:30 pm

base model with nothing added to it is 192k rite? :)
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Return to Latest News