Save the environment with green washing your car

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Save the environment with green washing your car

Postby root on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:40 pm

We hear a lot about saving energy, water and reducing emissions these days. Seems like more and more are realizing how much water is wasted daily on car washes in the UAE.

Now, even better that its 'natural' and 'biodegradable'...but what is it? This is like those TV infommercials that works like magic and does not harm anything, and if you order right now, we'll give you this and that, and even that too.....

Here's the article from GN:

'Green' spray washes cars in UAE without using water

Dubai: Drinking water should not be used for cleaning vehicles - so a new spray-on, waterless cleaner has been launched.

The biodegradable cleaner, Bio Wash Waterless Car Care, claims to wash cars without water, even vehicles caked with mud.

The French products were unveiled yesterday by the Al Barg Company. Current car wash facilities in the UAE are wasting potable, desalinated water said company president Abdullah Saleh Al Sayed.

At a time when water is scarce in the Middle East it should not be wasted on car washing, he said.

Natural formula

Dubai has more than 850,000 registered vehicles on its roads and overall in the GCC there are 7.85 million cars, washing them all once requires 255 million gallons of water he said.

He added that one in six people in the world do not have access to clean drinking water while gallons are being wasted on washing cars. One bottle of Bio Wash Waterless Car Care can wash up to four cars.

Bio Wash is environmentally-friendly in that it is made from an all natural formula. The spray will be available in supermarkets shortly and in the meantime some petrol stations around Dubai will offer the option.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Environm ... 40150.html
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Save the environment with green washing your car

Postby Brembo on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:28 pm

anyone been to this place? one in gardens and one in mirdiff, 50dhs for saloon car 55 for suv.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby T.N.T on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:48 pm

50 bucks for washing my car just because its "bio-degradable", no thanks!
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Brembo on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:33 pm

how much do you normall pay for washing you car?

i personally dont entertain the parking lot cleaners (15dhs guys in malls and other places). their water buckets are dirty and the cloth they use leaves swirl marks all over the car.
the normal manual wash at the petrol stations cost min of 35-40 for body wash and 50 for full wash including underbody for saloon cars
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby T.N.T on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:38 pm

6 days a week, my watchman does the job and on the 7th day, my car visits the petrol pump car wash.
All I meant to say was that I'll have to drive all the way to Mirdiff or the Gardens and then pay 50 to get a car wash. They need to open up more places.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Return to Latest News