2012 Kia Rio:

Show off your ride or something cool you see - pimped or not-pimped, upload images, share, discuss, vote, comment, just dont put them on sale in this forum...

Moderator: azi malik

2012 Kia Rio:

Postby fadi khan on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:26 am

2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-front-three-quarter-600x375.jpg
2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-front-three-quarter-600x375.jpg (57.91 KiB) [ Viewed 447 times ]
2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-front-three-quarter-600x375.jpg [ 57.91 KiB | Viewed 447 times ]

The new 2012 Kia Rio has shown the world that fun and affordability in the subcompact market are not impossible to find. With a brand new design brought to the 2012 model year, this new look brings with it a sedan and five-door ride, all with a sleek new body. Along with the improved styling has come the fuel economy many are looking for in a new car.

While the Rio is a small car, it still manages to be spacious inside, with the new five doors bringing increased legroom and headroom in the front and rear. Even for taller passengers, there is more than enough room inside the car, giving an almost deceiving feeling to its actual size.

New-2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-interior-623x415.jpg
New-2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-interior-623x415.jpg (52.42 KiB) [ Viewed 465 times ]
New-2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-interior-623x415.jpg [ 52.42 KiB | Viewed 465 times ]

The Rio is not a technologically driven car, but still has great options available, including a great multimedia system called UVO, along with a backup camera, Bluetooth connectivity, and steering wheel controls. Overall, the interior has a smooth, comfortable layout that doesn’t intrude on the comfort or passengers.

The 2012 Kia Rio is one of the best small cars to hit the streets in a while, and with a strong engine producing 138 horsepower and 123 ftlbs of torque, it is no shortage of power to lead to some nice spirited drives through the corners and strait aways. And while it is not the fastest subcompact on the road, for the price, it really is one of the better ones to drive. Zero to sixty is achieved in less than 9 seconds, all while maintain 30 mpg in the city and 40 on the highway.

2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-front-three-quarter-600x375.jpg
2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-front-three-quarter-600x375.jpg (57.91 KiB) [ Viewed 464 times ]
2012-Kia-Rio-hatchback-front-three-quarter-600x375.jpg [ 57.91 KiB | Viewed 464 times ]

With a great amount of comfort and safety also crammed into this small car as standard, including six airbags, ABS, and stability control, this is also a great car for the average driver on the road. The increased vision with the 5-door coupe minimizes the blind spots, and with a car as peppy as this, it is almost necessary for navigating the chaotic roads.

There are no shortages of accolades that can be said for the Kia Rio, but the best would be to describe it as the new go cart for the road. It is not the fastest and doesn’t have all the electronic additions becoming common in rides these days, but the package it delivers truly gives it great marks. And while the road noise is a little loud, and the seats a bit hard, the redesigned Rio brings to the table styling and peppiness that is often reserved for higher priced cars.

The 2012 Kia Rio starts at $14,500, and with options up to $18,000 fully loaded.

source:Automoblog
fadi khan
Drifter
Drifter

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: MBA
My Dream Ride: Cygnus

Quick reply

Return to Rides - my ride, cool rides