Jaguar C-X75 Concept a Go for Production

Show off your ride or something cool you see - pimped or not-pimped, upload images, share, discuss, vote, comment, just dont put them on sale in this forum...

Moderator: azi malik

Jaguar C-X75 Concept a Go for Production

Postby azi malik on Wed May 11, 2011 12:20 am

Last September, Jaguar showed off its C-X75 concept at the Paris Auto Show. The car was a conceptual vision of what a future range-topping Jaguar supercar would look like. The 75 moniker was meant to celebrate Jaguar’s 75-year anniversary. The C-X75 has a flowing design, with a few cues shared with the XJ220. We loved it, clearly took it as a one-off concept.

The real kicker was the car’s powertrain; a plug-in hybrid combination, but one that utilizes turbines instead of gas engines. Two 96 horsepower turbines powered the electric motors, which were placed at each wheel. Each electric unit made 195-horsepower and a stunning 1,187 pound feet of torque. That was good for a 0-62 mph run of 3.4 seconds.

Now, as part of Jaguar’s ambitious plans to expand the lineup and move upmarket, the company has greenlighted the C-X75 Concept for production.

JaguarC-X75ConceptRear-623x440.jpg
JaguarC-X75ConceptRear-623x440.jpg (27.87 KiB) [ Viewed 400 times ]
JaguarC-X75ConceptRear-623x440.jpg [ 27.87 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]

The project is being done in partnership with British racing company Williams F1, who will provide engineering expertise. The concept’s use of turbines has been ditched in order to bring the car onto the market in a reasonable time. Instead of turbine power, the C-X75 will utilize a turbocharged four-cylinder working in concert with two electric motors.

Jaguar hasn’t given up on turbines though, however. The company is reportedly still working on micro-turbines and its parent company, Tata, has taken a stake in the company developing them, Bladon Jets.

To save weight, the C-X75 will have a carbon fiber structure. The production C-X75′s onboard lithium ion battery pack should be good for an all-electric range of 31 miles. 0-60 mph comes for the production car will arrive in less than 3 seconds and the car will be good for a top speed of over 200 mph.

Jaguar’s styling director Ian Callum says the styling will be a standout too: “We were always determined that the Jaguar C-X75 would be as striking on the road as it was in concept form….this will be the finest looking and most innovative Jaguar ever produced. Even in the world of supercars, we can still produce the most beautiful.”

The C-X75 does set a new standard for elegance and luxury in the supercar segment. The project will reportedly create 100 jobs and will be brought to market in a normal development time frame, which is about four to five years.

JaguarC-X75ConceptFrontView-623x440.jpg
JaguarC-X75ConceptFrontView-623x440.jpg (79.67 KiB) [ Viewed 556 times ]
JaguarC-X75ConceptFrontView-623x440.jpg [ 79.67 KiB | Viewed 556 times ]

A limited unit run of 250 cars will be produced, with a price tag in the £700,000-900,000 euros (about $1.149-$1.288 million USD based on current exchange rates) depending on your local market and tax rates.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Re: Jaguar C-X75 Concept a Go for Production

Postby davidsrichard on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:27 am

Great the car would like compete to other car makes like benz and porsche. Every car today is equipped with highly technological system that makes the car fast but consumes less fuel.
davidsrichard
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Mechanic
My Dream Ride: Honda Civic

Quick reply

Return to Rides - my ride, cool rides