Mitsubishi Global Small Concept

Show off your ride or something cool you see - pimped or not-pimped, upload images, share, discuss, vote, comment, just dont put them on sale in this forum...

Moderator: azi malik

Mitsubishi Global Small Concept

Postby sonya zafar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:41 am

A new take on the Audi A3 is hatched this week at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, where for the first time in its history the ultra-successful premium compact car not only adopts a striking 'notchback' saloon body shell, but also uniquely combines it with a power output of over 400PS for epic performance. Known simply as the Audi A3 concept, the fastest ever factory-produced Audi A3 is the latest in a long line of one-off Audi design studies, and is characteristically laden with technological advances in everything from construction to infotainment.

Apart from the tautly contoured new body shell, the most immediately obvious highlight of the Audi A3 concept is its five-cylinder Turbo FSI petrol engine, whose 408PS output outnumbers its closest series production relative, the potent Audi RS 3 Sportback, by 68PS. Peak torque of 500Nm is also 50Nm up, and is available over a broad rev range between 1,600 and 5,300 rpm, making an explosive 4.1-second 0-62mph time a reality. Top speed is electronically limited to 155mph.

Fuel economy in this latest Audi study looks all the more impressive when these remarkable figures are taken into account, with up to 31mpg possible on the combined cycle, giving CO2 emissions of 212g/km. A regulated oil pump, the intelligent Audi thermo-management system and an energy recovery system - technologies from the brand's modular efficiency platform - all contribute to this high efficiency. The rack-and-pinion steering also draws minimal power because its electromechanical drive system requires no energy when driving straight ahead.

A compact seven-speed S tronic twin-clutch transmission also helps to optimise efficiency, while at the same time delivering the trademark lightning-quick gear changes that are especially appropriate here.

The Audi drive select dynamic handling system appears for the first time in an Audi A3, giving the driver five modes with which to fine-tune engine characteristics, power steering feel and gear shift points for the seven-speed S tronic transmission. As well as the more familiar comfort, auto, dynamic and individual settings, the latest iteration of the system features an efficiency mode designed for maximum economy.

To gain access to all this in the A3 concept, the driver need only touch the door handle with its brushed aluminium clasp. It then power extends outwards, opening the door to a futuristic cabin which, thanks to the best-in-class 2,630mm wheelbase, is also suitably spacious. This applies to the 'boot' as well, which offers an impressive 410-litre capacity.

Located behind the compact, flat-bottomed, three-spoke multifunction steering wheel are two analogue dial instruments with black dials and red needles, complemented by additional kidney-shaped displays. In between these is the large, eight-inch display for the driver information system. The display is user-programmable - the driver can select the content to be displayed from an extensive menu.

The control panel for the MMI multimedia system is located on the centre tunnel console, and for the first time the surface of its large rotary pushbutton also incorporates the touch pad for the MMI touch system which allows the driver to 'write' navigation destinations and other commands using a fingertip. This new solution, which makes the already exemplary MMI operation even more intuitive, will soon be introduced in series production Audi models. The ultra-thin MMI monitor power-extends out of the dashboard, another feature taken from the full-size car class. Notable new departures at this level also include the electromechanical parking brake control and the stunning LED headlights.

In terms of infotainment, the Audi A3 concept further emphasizes why the brand is one of the leaders in this field. A UMTS model provides full access to the Internet, allowing the car to access services from Google, and thanks to the WLAN hotspot, passengers can surf and send e-mail using their own computers. Holders for iPads are installed on the back of the front seat backrests.
01-mitsu-small-geneva-live-630op.jpg
01-mitsu-small-geneva-live-630op.jpg (64.4 KiB) [ Viewed 413 times ]
01-mitsu-small-geneva-live-630op.jpg [ 64.4 KiB | Viewed 413 times ]

01-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
01-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (21.31 KiB) [ Viewed 384 times ]
01-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 21.31 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

02-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
02-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (21.08 KiB) [ Viewed 393 times ]
02-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 21.08 KiB | Viewed 393 times ]

04-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
04-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (21.58 KiB) [ Viewed 401 times ]
04-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 21.58 KiB | Viewed 401 times ]

05-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
05-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (20.58 KiB) [ Viewed 404 times ]
05-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 20.58 KiB | Viewed 404 times ]

07-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
07-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (21.28 KiB) [ Viewed 413 times ]
07-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 21.28 KiB | Viewed 413 times ]

08-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
08-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (14.74 KiB) [ Viewed 403 times ]
08-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 14.74 KiB | Viewed 403 times ]

10-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
10-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (19.74 KiB) [ Viewed 381 times ]
10-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 19.74 KiB | Viewed 381 times ]

11-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
11-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (19.34 KiB) [ Viewed 396 times ]
11-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 19.34 KiB | Viewed 396 times ]

13-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg
13-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg (22.64 KiB) [ Viewed 386 times ]
13-mitsu-small-geneva-live.jpg [ 22.64 KiB | Viewed 386 times ]

sonya zafar
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

My Ride: Honda Accord
My Profession: Marketing Analyst
My Dream Ride: Land Rover

Re: Mitsubishi Global Small Concept

Postby azi malik on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:29 am

its smart and cute at the same time... so i think this would be the 1st widely accepted car in the market in its class... wat u say?
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Quick reply

Return to Rides - my ride, cool rides