Tuning in UAE

Discuss how to tune up vehicles, whats legal and whats not, where to get mods done, body kits, spoilers, ...

Moderator: azi malik

Postby navadv on Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:24 am

Hey Zak

u seem to know of some nice Garages - :D
From what i hear - Sub Zero is good, but u need cash ! - those guys do some good stuff

Bin Sul. - i dont like em - i went there to mod a firnds Cruiser - funny how they ignore you cause of ur skin color. Honestly, until my friend took out 30,000AED and slapped it on the counter - we had no one talk to us.

WE asked the guy three times at reception to talk to someone and he totally ignored us - i dont like em. Sure u may have the cash to do stuff with them, but im sure every local or monyed man will get his balls licked before u do! (sry for the language but i seriously have issues with those guys!).
i mean - as soon as my friend took out the money and placed it on the counter the guys starts respecting us - that in my opinion, shows me what they are like!

I would also see what Performance Motor Sports can do.

Also heard that the guys at Motec are not bad =)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby Zak7711 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:21 am

Hi Navadv. It's all right, this is typical anywhere else, you know what they say "money talks...etc.". I dont know about skin color issue cuz we're all considered "colored" outside *LoL* Well, I know a Portuguese friend who had his 300ZX-TT engine screwed up after it had some tuning job in Bin Sulayem's. He did not tamper with boost control or anything..

About Performance Motorsports that is opposite to X-Service garage in Al-Qouz, it SUCKS! and Jake gets you everything over-priced. Locals know it by the name of Garage Bin Khatir. You can tell how it sucks by that orange Supra thats been laying out his shop for more than 2 years.

There are lots of high-buck garages on Sheikh Zayed Road, take for example: Quarter-Mile, and there was another one (I forgot the name) who wanted to charge me AED 20,000 for a chip tune for my Audi TT! (WTF!!) Some people don't mind, they throw that much money on a dinner table in some 7-star hotel, I understand!

SubZero is very good as far as I heard. And yes, Mick charges a lot but he sure knows what he's doing, especially with Lumina GTO & Skyline GTR. He's pretty handy with the new Mustang GT as well, I heard.

Another not-bad one is Mohamed Omar (MOCA) who owns Season Champions Preparations workshop. Mostly for ralley cars & off-road 4WDs -especially Petrol & Land Cruiser.. prices are fair if you bargain *L*

AAT is my personal favorite, it is owned by Sheikh Abdullah Al-Qasemi.. they specialize in ralley cars & of course their street versions. Prices are fair, they charge between AED 500-800 for a dyno test, depending on the car.

I could talk more about Kuwaiti, Future, Seem, Saudi, Bin Kalban, Noobi, ARP, Belushi, Bin Dalmook and others but I think I wrote enough so plz excuse me :)
Zak7711
Tuner
Tuner

Postby navadv on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:51 am

hehehe - from that last list - the only garage i knew was ARP :shock:

Well thanks for the info.- too bad about ur friends 300Z TT - i looked for a good one in Dubai for a very long time - unfortuneatly they are very rare and very few come with the TT engine.....

Performance in Al-Qouz is over priced, but i have also seen some quality stuff come outta there. Couple of friends have modded and ordered stuff through them, and they are decent. Jaics does overprice - Very True!
Once tried ordering a CAI and got a whopping 1800 AED without instalation - ordered it myself and the entire cost with install came to 1000AED :D

..OMG - did i hear u say "Dyno" - didnt knw there were any here in Dubai. And 500- 800 seems a bit high, but if ur serioulsy geeting into modding then guess u need one!

what car do u drive Zak?
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:38 am

You guys really know of some cool garages here that I had no idea that they existed!
I am happy that someone spoke-out against those garages who are, hmmm, racist?
Anyways, I am gonna get my EVO tuned soon and will post some pics of it! 8)
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Zak7711 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:12 pm

navadv wrote:hehehe - from that last list - the only garage i knew was ARP :shock:

..OMG - did i hear u say "Dyno" - didnt knw there were any here in Dubai. And 500- 800 seems a bit high, but if ur serioulsy geeting into modding then guess u need one!

what car do u drive Zak?

navadv, dont mix up between (Automotive Racing Product USA) and (Ahmed Racing Performance) *L* He uses their decals on his garage gate.

500-800 isn't really much for a dyno run, it's a good price in UAE.. I used get it for $250+ in the US..

I drove a few cars.. to mention: 90' Mercedes 300CE-24 manual, then 99' Maxima 3.0G, 99' Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0 auto, 94' Saleen Mustang S351 (still have it) and my current ride is 2001 Audi TT Quattro 225. When it comes to performance, I am a 5.0 guy to the bone, I have a passion for muscle cars.
Zak7711
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Zak7711 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:30 pm

One more thing, you mentioned CAI.. I dont know about Honda suppliers but its usually Injen or Stillen.. I want to raise to your attention that your cold air intake kit is not considered "cold" unless it is sucking air from the atmosphere - NOT from the compartment under the hood!!

If your K&N filter is fitted open under the hood, it is then sucking HOT air from the engine & exhaust manifold/headers, and this will cause you SERIOUS trouble (rise in temperature, detonation, damaged piston rings, damaged MAF & ACT sensors.. etc).

Instead, your hi-flow K&N cotton air filter must be isolated by a heat shield or contained in a sealed air box (AAT in Sharjah makes quality aluminum air boxes custom made for reasonable prices) - or it has to suck outside air from the fender-well or from a hood scoop (not good for driving in Dubai, police harassment)

just thought you should know before it's too late.
Zak7711
Tuner
Tuner

Postby navadv on Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:39 pm

oh Zak - no worries i know :D

I have the CAI installed already. It currently sits right down, bottome of the bumper and sucks in air from outside....

i love the sound of the CAi in a tunnel - (reonates) - especially when my engine is revving at 8000 rpm :lol:
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby Zak7711 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:58 pm

yeah, that whistle sound.. you have to wash it & oil it every 2 or 3 months because of our dusty climate & dirty road conditions, and it so gets clogged quickly. I removed mine from my Maxima because of that problem.
Zak7711
Tuner
Tuner

Postby faz on Mon May 28, 2007 9:18 am

you may also want to check out evolution AC. deals only with bolt ons so its a good place to look for performance parts which are easy to install.

www.evolve.ae
faz

Lamborgini Doors

Postby darsadze on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:31 pm

Hello,

I would like to make Lamborgini doors for Mersedes CLK, how much it will cost me???

Thanks in Advance,

Irakli
darsadze

Postby T.N.T on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:21 pm

Please post a new topic. Do not post in irrelevant threads.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: Tuning in UAE

Postby usman7 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 am

Hey everyone I am a tunner I can tune motec,haltech,unchip,aem,autoronic etc and I am looking to open a shop with a dyno here in dubai will it be profitable?
usman7

Re: Tuning in UAE

Postby azi malik on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 am

as long as you have the skills... the arabs have the money to make u a millionaire in days ;)
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Previous

Quick reply

Return to Performance Tuning