Performance tyres for the region...

Discuss how to tune up vehicles, whats legal and whats not, where to get mods done, body kits, spoilers, ...

Moderator: azi malik

Performance tyres for the region...

Postby DoughBoy on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 am

Hi all...

Tyres, any suggestion or thought on the best ones to handle the dusty, dry hot conditions.
Reason I ask, my car is a North US import. It still has it's factory fitted tyres which do seem to let go at surprisingly low speeds when cornering etc...
I'm about to have a new set fitted and wondered if anyone had thoughts on this..?
I know about the Temperature A rating but obviously, different tyres have very different characteristics... Advice very much appreciated... :-)
DoughBoy

My Ride: Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 3.8 V6. Not many here. :-)
My Profession: GM
My Dream Ride: Bugatti

Re: Performance tyres for the region...

Postby kapil on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:00 am

what car and what is your style of driving?
kapil
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Wrangler YJ - 95
My Profession: ****
My Dream Ride: Sukohi Su 30-mki

Postby root on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:32 pm

I thought most tires available here are good for the weather!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby DoughBoy on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Thanks for the responses...

I drive fast but safe... in my younger years I took quite a few advanced and competitive driving courses so I don't risk... too much...

I also thought that most tyres sold here would be good for the region but then I discovered a lot of B temperature rated tyres on the market. Leads me to think that they just sell what they can get hold of. My car is a US import (Mitusbishi Eclipse GT, 3.8 V6) and I find the tyres just don't handle the dusty abrasive surface as well as I would expect. Also, again you always have to trade off between soft compound/short life/better grip and the opposite etc...

I'm looking to get the best from the car so I'm not bothered about the wear rate. Just wondered if anybody had recommendations to cope with the high surface temps and dust/grit...
DoughBoy

My Ride: Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 3.8 V6. Not many here. :-)
My Profession: GM
My Dream Ride: Bugatti

Quick reply

Return to Performance Tuning