Toyota Celica

Discuss how to tune up vehicles, whats legal and whats not, where to get mods done, body kits, spoilers, ...

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Toyota Celica

Postby Fokkae on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:53 am

Yes!, I meant power and torque delivery :D, now look the car is around 1.2 ton and has around 150 hp now when I drive it at a cool weather around 5am it preformes outstandingly and that is why I want to keep it n/a becuase it only need a little more power once Ive adressed the cooling issues so I think once I get an engine/gear swap 1zz=>2zz/auto=>manual and and complete cooling system I will be satisfied because I think that 250 naturally aspirated horesepower per ton is truely impressive that's of course if I shave off the .2 ton.
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: 1968 El Camino Puto

Postby Fokkae on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 am

YOu know I said the same thing, ditch the turbo and its lag and go with supercharge because I'm leaning more towards accelaration withing the 0-120 rather than topspeed but I was told that would have some heating promlems and that if I pressure the car too much I will face mechanical problems, is that true? thats why so far I have done thus:

17" alloys
6pot break kit
adjustable coilovers super sport
race exhuast front pipe+muffler
tower bar
race spark plug
oil cooler
thermostat
oil filter

Iam just waiting for them to get back to me on the engine and gear since I cant do any engine upgrades unless I fit the new engine and start working on it but as soon as that happpens Im going to fit in a radiator , intake system and maybe some good headers and is it possible to fit an intercooler without turbo because I want some oxygen dense air to into the engine's throat
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Fokkae on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:12 am

I was really considering the gsx, what do you think? AWD, 2 door and turbo not bad man. you know I found a guy who was selling a nissan 300zx the old Z man thats some rare good looking car but the bastard sold it before I got a chance to see now when I call the guy he sold it to I keep getting told get a phone call once the guy gets it so I can see it but i dont think I will, there was also this other r33 gts if you saw it? the one with the red and black matt for 18k but I thought to myself let me wait maybe I get my hands on zx and now both are sold and all im left with is the gsx man,if that hasnt been sold already... f*&% I need a RWD, v6 not so common car, CAN ANYONE HELP?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:59 am

The Eclipse is gone! It was on souq a while ago. I'll let you know if I can contact the seller.
You won't have to worry about cooling a supercharger once you get a decent intercooler (I guess the Blitz kit contains one)
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:02 pm

So can we safely say that repeated floring would not ruin a supercharger, lets talk pros and cons supercharge vs turbo
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Fokkae on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:06 pm

I forgot, you know anyone who wants to sell a syliva? and can a skyline engine fit in a sylvia?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Don't get a Silvia, or any converted RHD car for that matter. You won't be able to register it.
No, repeated flooring wouldn't screw it, that is what superchargers are made for in the first place.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:36 am

So what are the disatvantages of scharger compred to tcharger?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 pm

I don't see any disadvantages in your application. It just 'depends'.
This is a hugely debated topic and I don't want to start :)
Get a supercharger!
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Excellent, now lets say I'm going NA so what is the next step after engine swap to increase trq, hp, acceleration and overall prefrormance? what are the list of things that I want to install/change in the car?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Think of air! Change everything that air passes through:

Filter->Intake->Manifold->Headers->Downpipe->Catback->Exhaust/Muffler

Don't forget to reset the ECU, and if you don't plan to do anything else to the car, get it chip-tuned and you are done.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Fakok! Perfect, that's exactly what I'm going to do. You are the best :mrgreen:
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:51 pm

I know :P
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 am

Halo Balo everyone, I need some info from the big guys here, These guys are really slow and I dont think I'm getting the engine anytime soon. Now I noticed that high displacment cars have more torque than lower ones for instance we see the hp 300 the trq 290 or the sometimes more torque than hp. now the torque is need to move the car when it is not moving and hp is what keep it moving faster? yes? ok lets see Now I need more torqe, how I achieve that I said earlier about having 250 hp per ton that's off course with the new engine, 2.0 strokings and all the rest of mods now what about the torque how can I improve upon that?.how much torque you think I can get out of the celica wihout turbo and second question is that how can I further improve the handling of this ff car Iv stiffened the coilovers and put a rear tower bar which made huge differences in cornering and menouvering but I need more and more improvments so apart from reducing the vehicle weight what else can be done. I wait for responce
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Get aftermarket coilovers, sway bar, strut bar. Lighter rims will also help along with high performance rubber and reduce vehicle weight.
You can't exactly choose what to increase when it comes to hp/torque. All of it depends on the engine, some engines deliver high hp vs. torque (think VTEC) and some are torque monsters like crate V8s.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

PreviousNext

Quick reply

Return to Performance Tuning