The fast and furious of UAE were there as well!

Discuss how to tune up vehicles, whats legal and whats not, where to get mods done, body kits, spoilers, ...

Moderator: azi malik

The fast and furious of UAE were there as well!

Postby Rocky on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:37 pm

There were those asking about performance cars!
Well, many were there at the Autodrome yesterday, and seemed that there are legal ways to own and register these vehicles as well.

Enjoy some pics!

and some lesser perfomant go-karting :)
Rocky

nice...which ones yours?

Postby sushi on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:36 pm

Rocky, is yours that Police car with the NOS cylinders? :)
sushi

I wish :)

Postby Rocky on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:43 pm

Sushi! I actually liked the super-charged Supra much better.
Actually, yesterday was quite informative as the owners of the cars were also present there, and you could chat with them. Most of them were young emirati boys under 25. Some of the cars were just "pimped up" with special, painted exterior, special internal upholstery and some monster sound systems.

A few had lambo doors to their cars. There were also many that had done engine modifications and NOS cylinders, etc.

When I asked one of the guys if it is legal or not...he said "sure its legal". You just need to make sure you put in a proper silencer if you have a big exhaust, and make sure you take off any NOS cylinders, etc when going to get the vehicle passed.

I also noticed that many of the cars were registered in UAQ or RAK. I wonder if the traffic dept over there is more lenient towards modifications.

So boys...time to get that old prelude, supra, primera and do some serious playing around.
Rocky

modification workshops?

Postby sushi on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:45 pm

Rocky! Thanks man...looks like you had fun there!

Did you get to know where you can get these modifications done? Are there dealers that sell mod-ed cars?
sushi

workshops

Postby Rocky on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm

Yes! I did ask around and there were atleast half a dozen names told to me i both Dubai and Sharjah. However, the only one that stuck to mind is "Performance Motors". I dont know where they are located.
Rocky

Chck it Out

Postby navadv on Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:48 pm

check out
w3.performanceclub.net
www.fazstyling.com

No website, but check out Fox Racing Exhausts and Accessories at 04 338 9775

I Dont work for any company but ive been to them all !!! Check em Out and Happy Tuning !!!
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

estimated cost?

Postby Rocky on Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:50 pm

Navadv! Do you have any idea on the cost involved here, and if there are any cheaper outfits in Sharjah?

I would like to get a cheapo import from Japan like an oldish Celica supra, and then get its external image re-done (paint job with fire style), get a new sportier interior, new exhaust, air filter and some basic mods...not change the engine, not yet atleast.
Rocky

Not to Sure Rocky

Postby navadv on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:27 am

Rocky,
well it really depends.. The cost of the Supra?!?! i have no idea. Garages in Sharjah! - plenty, but quality .... is doubtful. Im sure there are some good ones, i just dont knw any :) .
Then again, If i do it, i probably want to get it done professionaly and with some kind of guarantee that it will get passed from the Police.

Exhaust -- well it depends - what kind of exhaust? cat-back? from the manifold? free flow? ......another question is do you want it legal? What Brand?
Cost can be anywhere from 2000 (half pipe till the tip) to about 8000 AED. (whole exhaust from manifold, wider pipe, and from an expensive store!) ....prices i have checked for my Civic SiR.

For Air Intakes, again, depends on the make. Performance Garage can prolly get an AEM Cold Air Intake between 1500 - 4000 AED.
Want something cheaper, check out Auto Plus that can get you a Simota Air Intake for 500 - 900 AED.

Engine mods, such as light weight pulleys, headers, etc. again are variable in costs. The best is for you to actually call them up or email them and get proper qoutes.

I dont think im very helpful... sorry bout that ... but it depends on the car, the make of the mods, and where you get it done! I knw people that have spent up to 20,000 AED for the mods mentioned above.
Another guy with a similar car, paid under 10,000AED.

Its always better to save up and get the best for your car. My opinion!

Cheers
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Rocky !

Postby navadv on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:30 am

Rocky, check out www.uaeboost.net
ask someone on the Forum for a good garage in Sharjah!
these guys will knw~!
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Quick reply

Return to Performance Tuning