Cadillac SRX and American cars

Discuss the best SUV or 4-Wheel Drive to get or not to get....

Cadillac SRX and American cars

Postby supernova on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:10 am

Hi guys,

I am thinking about buying a Cadillac SRX 2004 V8 with Warranty and FSH with 50k on the clock, i was wandering if anyone has owned one and can share their experience with me. what do you think?
i will test drive it in 2 days time.

cheers

starburst76@gmail.com
Last edited by supernova on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Re: Cadillac SRX

Postby root on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:30 am

GM and American - it will depreciate like a stone and hard to sell.
Make sure you get a good deal.

Sat in an STS Sedan a few days ago, and was not really impressed by the drive. A lot of power, but not smooth on the road. The SRX may be different as its a SUV.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby supernova on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:06 pm

I was shocked how much the car has depreciated, i thought how much more can it go? price new was 180k price now 55k, i read few good reviews about it, but hey if it is hard to sell then i better stay away? people are scared of V8, i am not, i think with my style of driving a V6 uses more fuel than a V8 because i keep pushing the V6 to get it moving.
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby kapil on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Root, How mch would it go down to in 2 years? any idea? Cause I am also thinking american for the next 2 years!!
kapil
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Wrangler YJ - 95
My Profession: ****
My Dream Ride: Sukohi Su 30-mki

Postby supernova on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:42 am

Would i be better off with a RAV 4 3.5 V6 2006 imported from USA with the same price 55k and 25k miles ?
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby root on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:48 am

Well, the way it was in this market normally: Japanese fell around 10-15% per year first 2 years. Germans fell around 20%, and American and British around 25%.
Very gross estimates..the smaller cars fall less percent wise, the larger ones fall greater.

Now past 2-3 years have been crazy, specially with dollar (and hence dirham) falling, influx of people, money in pockets, etc that new car prices actually rose, which meant one could sell at a lesser depreciation. For example, many Toyotas have been sold without any depreciation at all. Same goes for Porsches and other long wait-listed cars.

Coming to your case, 180k to 55k in 2 years is pretty steep - 70% in 2 years to be more precise, and it might be a good buy now. That's a lot of car for 55k with all the frills of a cadillac and a V8 engine. I would definitely be tempted. Senators and Governors in US drive that vehicle.

RAV4 is a lot more popular here. Keep in mind US-imports will get a lower resale than GCC-specs when you sell as well. But there are some good deals of US-imported cars given the glut in the market there.

Just make sure you are not sold a lemon as its hard to track history of those coming in. For example, many times dealers pick up flooded/water-drained cars (and there are a lot of them due to constant hurricanes and floods in southern USA) cheap off insurance companies and then window-dress them off to sell here. Very hard to see from the body if the cars has been drained.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby root on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:50 am

kapil wrote:Root, How mch would it go down to in 2 years? any idea? Cause I am also thinking american for the next 2 years!!

I think supernova has kinda shown that they fall a lot ;) But it depends on the vehicle ofcourse.

If you find any steals on a 2 year old Mustang convertible, let me know. I would not mind buying one of those for 1/3 the price. :)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kapil on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Likewise!!
kapil
Drift King
Drift King

Postby supernova on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Sorry guys i think there is some confusion here, the car is 2004 as i mentioned so the price from 180k to 55k in almost 4 years and not 2, but that is still crazy.

Thanks for all your comments
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby supernova on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:20 pm

How about this :

GMC Yukon Denali 2007 full option GCC 120k Dirhams ? can you see the depreciation? ok it had a small damage on on of the doors but it was changed. still under warranty :)
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby kapil on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:49 pm

are u buying it?? if not give me the details :-)
kapil
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Cadillac SRX and American cars

Postby root on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:05 am

How much is the new Denali?
That is one monster of a car...drinks 95 Octane like beer on a hot day!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kapil on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:36 am

about 215k..
kapil
Drift King
Drift King

Postby supernova on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:40 am

yes about 228k, i was just checking it online in automiddleeast

very very tempting, i will be going to see it tomorrow hopfully.
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby supernova on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:08 pm

I went to see the Denali, it was no good the accident was not a small one everything was painted very badly including the driver side roof, the engine sounded amassing but i was not that impressed with the acceleration or the lumpy ride, it was riding on 22" rims. the interior quality was very bad in comparison to European cars, i mean 100% plastic dash for a luxury SUV? come on USA.

I have had enough of looking for a used car, tomorrow i am going to buy a brand new Mazda CX-9, whatever happens it has 3 year warranty and it is a safe car.
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Next

Return to SUV, 4x4, Trucks