Chevrolet Trail Blazer or Tahoe

Discuss the best SUV or 4-Wheel Drive to get or not to get....

Chevrolet Trail Blazer or Tahoe

Postby sanras70 on Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi,

I started looking for a new verhicle...tried pajero, MRV and a murano...then someone i know told me try the trail blazer or tahoe....well they r cheaper than the japs....

TB: 92K
Tahoe: 127 K
murano: 130
MRV: 120

i do not have any plans to change for the next 5 years and the chevvy guys will give a 5 yr warranty with a 20K service warranty. still yet to negotiate....

Is this good value for money? Better than japanese cars? Mileage 110 dhs gas gets u a 550 kms run on the tahoe and the blazer gives 100 to 11 litres..

My trip is like 200 kms a day and i am big and tall...so comfort is a big factor...confused...any insights? any chevvy users,.,,,,, i am willing to write off the money in 6 years...also want to avoid drive fatigue...

wht abt maintainence costs and other things i may not be aware of?
sanras70

Postby WSF on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:42 pm

Tahoe is a heavy duty & comfy truck.. It is More economic & cheaper 2 maintain than the Landcruiser according to what i hear from many people, sources, etc...
But if youre going 2 buy a Chevy then dont excpect the good build quality of japanese cars yet i dont think you would care much about that since Chevy is giving you a 5 year warranty plan...
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby root on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:47 pm

The Chevy's are definitely cheaper over here and you get more bhp, frills for your money. But the reason they are cheaper has been their poor quality compared to the Japenese models.

The 5-year warranty is good and does make it tempting. However, beware that if you have to take your car to the dealer every now and then and leave it there for a week for fixing something...then thats a major hassle. I dont know if the warranty gives you a replacement car during the time they are fixing something.

For 200 km a day drives you need something nice and comfy, and probably should also look into the interior details like the seats, music system, etc.

Among your list, MRV would be highest on my list. Look also the Toyota Prado VX or Land Cruiser (slightly pricier). Also Nissan Armada is a nice big comfy vehicle (slightly pricier as well).

On a 5-6 year perspective I think the price does not really matter as if you add up your total cost of ownership over that period I would think the Japanese might end up being slightly cheaper (they have better resale even after 6 years).
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:35 pm

If you plan to keep it for a long time then an American vehicle won't give you many problems (resale etc.). The new Tahoe is part of the 'revived GM' so nothing to worry about. Go for it.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:32 pm

What's this 'revived GM' ?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:36 pm

The ALL-NEW GM. The GM Bob Lutz revived. Their new models are all part of this and are awesome vehicles and quality is certainly on-par if not better than competitors. Vehicles include the Lumina, Caprice, Epica, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Silverado, Acadia etc.
Trailblazer is not a part of it.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:59 pm

But being a pessimist here, we need to see they roll-out on the streets for atleast 2-3 years to see the improvement in quality, etc.

As for now, the consumer satisfaction list from USA is all-dominated by the Japanese. GM is no-where in any category, while we may see Ford every now and then.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chevrolet Trail Blazer or Tahoe

Postby adrianglock on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 am

is the trailblazer the smaller? For me that size would be enough since both are made by Chevy and most of all it has the same platform with the GMC envoy and the Isuzu Ascender so sorting parts for those platform would be piece of cake.
"Greener cars 2012"
Interior Accessories

adrianglock
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: honda civic
My Profession: mechanic
My Dream Ride: mercedes benz

Return to SUV, 4x4, Trucks