Land Rover free lander

Discuss the best SUV or 4-Wheel Drive to get or not to get....

Land Rover free lander

Postby clever on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:45 am

can any give me information about the car, as i am planning to buy a second hand one 2005 . please tell me about if is performance and market price in UAE.
clever

not my first choice

Postby root on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:42 pm

I've never owned this, so its all hearsay. The vehicle looks nice and has a decent interior...but it is riddled with problems.

A find very few people who are happy with the quality of this vehicle. There are complaints about electrical issues, cooling, gasket, brakes, and the list goes on and on. And repair is also not cheap.

It also is terrible in resale.

There are better options available with similar features. If you are in love with the Land Rover brand (some people are due its safari history, military history as well as movie-cult following) then I would suggest to get a new one with dealer warranty, service contract, etc. You'll still lose on resale, but atleast someone will pay for fixing the vehicle if it goes bad.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby clever on Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:28 pm

THanks root, Yeah thats all true, as i can see the market price for second hand freelands cheap compare to other cars. To ve honest i odnt have the budget to buy a new one as it costs about 140,000AED i guess, the full option one. but i love land rover cars, discovery the 2004 model is really good i do like it, i might go for one then instead of freelander.
clever

Postby root on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:18 pm

just get it checked up thoroughly before buying..as I said repairs cost a bit, so if you find a bargain and then have to spend 20k getting something replaced, the bargain part of it is gone.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to SUV, 4x4, Trucks