Nissan Dualis

Discuss the best SUV or 4-Wheel Drive to get or not to get....

Nissan Dualis

Postby root on Fri May 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Formerly launched as the Qashqai in Europe, it was recently launched as Dualis in Japan and Asia. Nice choice of tongue twister names for both markets.

Built on the same platform as the X-trail but is smaller and rounder....a bit like the Murano. The Qashqai is a big hit in Europe and its been awarded top safety rating as well.

Wonder which one or any comes here. I would guess the Dualis should be the brand here.

Engine: 2.0-litre four cylinder petrol
Power: 140 bhp
Transmission: 6 speed manual or 6-step CVT auto
Features: Selectabable all-wheel drive, ABS

I hear it'll be still built in Europe (UK?) and shipped globally.

Most interesting is the price of this. In Japan it'll be selling between $16,000 and $20,000. That should mean something starting at around AED 60,000 which aint bad for a quality city SUV.

root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby navadv on Fri May 25, 2007 9:50 pm

its about time they brought it here....

Especially since the redesigned RAV4 and CRV were launched in Dubai (both of which are selling like hot cakes!)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Fri May 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Only the name is different, how silly.
I'd rather buy something else because:
- It is underpowered (which is a disappointment considering both the Rav4 and CR-V come equipped with a 2.4)
- It looks like a Murano :P (I have nothing against its looks though, [it looks quite good compared to the Murano] I only was expecting something different atleast from Nissan, the CR-V is roundish and now this is too. On the other hand, the Ford Edge is quite nice looking, the MKX is good too and its tail-lights really stand out)
No way it will sell for around 60k in the UAE! Cars are normally cheaper in Japan (home market). The price will be atleast 70k.
We still aren't sure if we are getting it though! Nissan just redesigned the X-Trail which has a much better engine compared to the Qashqai/Dualis/Rogue, which makes it a worthy competitor in its class.
Another reason is that Nissan still hasn't announced whether the markets which are getting the X-Trail will also get the Qashqai (Australia etc.)

Here it is: 190HP 2.5l engine with 6-speed CVT:

Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Return to SUV, 4x4, Trucks