2007 Pathfinder?

Discuss the best SUV or 4-Wheel Drive to get or not to get....

2007 Pathfinder?

Postby root on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:15 pm

Hey Guys!
Does anyone know if the 2007 Pathfinder is going to have anything different from the 2006 version?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:02 pm

I don't think there isn't going to be any difference. Atleast that's what the sales-people at Nissan tell me.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

no prado?

Postby sushi on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:19 pm

Hey! I thought you were a die-hard Prado dude! Are you going to the dark side???? :)
sushi
Tuner
Tuner

well...

Postby root on Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:41 pm

Was thinking of getting a new 4x4 and scouting the market. Was at Nissan yesterday as well. Somehow it seems a bit small and the Armada seems a bit big.
The Murano is nice though. The Infinitys are very nice.

Pathfinders start at 102k for the basic XE model. Go up to 127k for top of the line.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

whaddya think about the H3?

Postby sushi on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:16 pm

For almost that price you can get a Hummer H3!
Liberty is giving 4 years or 100,000 km warranty.
sushi
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:18 pm

The Pathfinder is a great SUV. you get a 4.0l V6 engine in the base which is about the same price of a base Prado which has got a 2.7l 4cyl in the base model. The 4.0l unit of the Pathfinder is more powerful than the Prado's 4l engine. A lighter, agile body, more powerful engine makes for certainly a better off-road experience. It is smaller than the Prado and the interior of the Prado is nicer. If the Pathfinder is a bit small, and the Armada is a bit long, what about the Patrol? Amazing 4x4, superb off-road performance and Alcantara leather makes it worth the money! The Murano is nice but I think it is suitable for women only, although many men own it. What about a FX35? :wink:
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby T.N.T on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:28 pm

The H3 is also good!. Head-turning looks, and amazing off-road capability. The cons are less interior space compared to rivals, poor visibility due to the small windows and the rear hatch-mounted tire makes things worse. The 3.5l 5-cylinder unit is sufficiently powerful but delivers a very poor 14mpg.
Liberty is giving it for 2550 AED per month and 4yr, 100k km bumper-to-bumper GM warranty. I read this in a newspaper ad. Nice title, 'Careful! you only think it's resting.'
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

i thought patrol is nearing end of life

Postby root on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:19 pm

I earlier thought the Armada was going to replace the Patrol.
How many years more do you think the Patrol will still be made?

Murano...girly car..kinda agree there ;)

H3 sounds tempting...wonder what service costs are like and resale would be.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:49 pm

They won't be stopping the production of the Patrol anytime soon. Infact, a new Patrol will be released by third-quarter 2008. It will be designed in Australia (The second largest market for the Patrol after the middle east).
Resale value of the H3 will be poor. (As expected from american built vehicles) It is made by GM and is based on their truck platform, so service costs will be similar to GMC Envoy and the like.
BTW, if you are seriously considering buying a new car, please tell me your budget. If the Patrol fits, buy it!
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby navadv on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:47 pm

H3 - personally not for me

Patrol - looses value (compared to a Prado) and guzzles gas, but supreme in the desert! - Spacious too!

Murano - definitely not a girlie car - drive it first !! - put ur foot down and tell me if you still think its girlie :D

My Opinion - 100K - why not a Fortuner??? - 4.0L - powerful engine that is very smooth (drove it just 2 days ago!). AND you can get a FULL OPTION version right now for only 97,000AED.

You sit high in it - so u see the road very well - sure its not very spacios like an Armada - but i am almost a 100% sure it has more space than a Murano.
Honestly - check the Fortuner out before u go for anything else, you may just like it :)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby navadv on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:49 pm

OHh - forgot to mention - another 4x4 i just love!

the MRV - also known in America as the Pilot!

It looses value - but its a DAMN good SUV. Spacious, very comfortable ride, VERY smooth response from the engine and powerfull too!

You can get one at a very good price too!
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

fortuner and MRV

Postby root on Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:02 am

Fortuner..it seems like they are not selling as good as Al-Futtaim is offering their super-low 2% financing option on it. I should definitely drive it to see how it is and at 97k its definitely an option.
Its however built on the Hilux platform, so its a bit like the Hilux Surf if anyone has every seen that. Looks to be not as stable as its not as wide but quite high...but these are just perceptions. Need to test drive and take on some steep curves and see if I can tilt it ;)
The other negative people say about Fortuner is that its coming from Thailand and probably not as great in quality as the Japanese one.

MRV...now thats a nice vehicle, and with Honda quality. But you are right about 2nd hand value. For some reason its never picked up here. People say that is because it is not a desert offroading vehicle, but more of a city SUV.
Where are the MRVs over here coming from? US?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby navadv on Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:26 am

hmmm - im not sure where they are built... i remember asking Honda - just dont remember the answer :oops: - Canada was it?
MRV and desert? - some say it isnt very good - but others say it can cope very well. it depends solely on the driver if u ask me. Unskilled, new drivers, probably would say - "Hey LandCruiser is King! and has more Power so MRV sucks"
ASk urself two question - how often do you go to the desert? and how deep into it as well? If your looking for a pure desert driving beast - Patrol or Cruiser. Prados and MRV's arent even very good.

About the Fortuner - u are are partially right. Steep curves make you want to slow down - but believe me when i say - my ffriend who has a fortuner has the "Need for Speed" - and he takes turns FAST! - Sure his tyres squeal abit, and his end tends to slip out a bit - but he still is fast and he doesnt topple :P

Here is some interesting news for you though:
Previously he had a Prado 2001 (3.7L?) -anyway, the older shape V6 - i asked him how they compare? - his Fortuner he says is better handling, better ride, more power and from the few times he has taken his Fortuner into the desert, he says it seems to handle better in the desert as well! Something even he did not expect!

Oh and you say Hilux? - i asked what platform it was built on as well when i went to Toyota and they told me it was built on the LandCruiser Pickup

like the ones above ^^^^^
.....ask any Arab what he thinks of those - and you will get the answer your looking for :D

now ive blabbered enough - so its up to you to test em out and let us knw what u decided on.

PS - i cant believe im going to say this - but if ur looking for a cheaper alternative - go american ? Explorer ?
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:19 am

Murano was destined to be a girly car, is a girly car and will remain a girly car no matter what you say about its performance. Maybe it is for those wild performance hungry-type females (just a thought). :P
Fortuner is certainly a good option. I have driven mine in the desert and it runs very well even though its a 2.7l.
The MRV is nice too and it is performs pretty well in the desert although not as good as the KINGS but great whatsoever. Spacious and well-priced.
Could someone tell me on what cars is the 2% offer on because I am too lazy to inquire myself. :P About quality, I expected typical Toyota-like quality but was disappointed for a few reasons. Call me picky but I did not like the trim on the doors. Too hard-plasticky for my taste.
I agree about the unskilled desert drivers. Skilled drivers can even pilot a RAV4 well while unskilled ones can get a Land Cruiser stuck.
You are right about the Fortuner. It is built on that killer Land Cruiser pickup platform which is one of the several reasons behind it being a good off-roader. But whatever you say, for off-roading, I suggest putting in a bit of dosh and going for the Pathfinder. Nothing in its class beats the 291hp V6 at off-roading.
The redesigned face-lifted Explorer impressed me. It is cheaper AND better. Although not exactly for desert duning, its pretty good at performing the tasks 90% of brand new SUV owners do. And with 3 years of free service and maintenance, what else could you ask for! But, resale is bad.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby navadv on Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:37 pm

I will NEVER give in to that load of bullock :D :P - Murano is a mans car, sure, in Pink its girlie - but its not a girlie 4x4!

You want an example of girlie 4x4's = perfect example is the Rav4~!

Murano == Manly@!!!! - testosterone driven 3.5L, with pure muscular power that only 'man' (literally) can trully handle! :!:

Pathfinder is heavy - but powerful as hell! - i remember driving it with my dad ! - really was impressive when u put ur foot down. i couldnt believe the surge of power - very very very impressive!!
Only reason we didnt go for it was the "comfort" - or lack of - in the back seats (2nd row).
In my family, people are tallish, and those back seats are made for short people :lol: ...... When i sat in the back, with feet flat on the ground, my thighs didnt touch the seat - and that can be extremely uncomfortable on long trips, or when the car is full of people....
(i dont knw if u understand what i mean - but it was uncomfortable ... :shock: )
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Next

Return to SUV, 4x4, Trucks