2007 Pathfinder?

Discuss the best SUV or 4-Wheel Drive to get or not to get....

Postby supernova on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:55 pm

thanks TNT. just to clarify one fact, the Touareg is actually 3.2l v6 thats the smallest enginge they bring to the uae in euorop they have the 2.5 d.

my wife already likes the shape, it is sertainly not boxy.
the new shape for 2007/8 is no major differance but i like what they have done with the lights and bumper. and the new Touareg is 149k now and new shape tey are probably even more that is out of my budget.

the v6 does feel underpowered for such a heavey suv but it cruises nice. i would have prefered the 4.2 v8. but you cant have your cake and eat it right?
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:31 pm

You just answered something I was about to ask. The price is still 149k? I checked 7 months earlier and it was exactly 149k then.
Finally, I say that you go for the Explorer anyway. It looks great and looks won't be changing anytime soon.
The Touareg will lose a lot of its value as soon as the new shape comes out. I know its just a minor facelift but there is a new tranny, improved engines and a slightly modified interior.
The Ford generally suffers from poor resale value anyway, so there won't be a major difference.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby supernova on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:01 am

TNT: what car do you drive? and how do you find it?
I tried my friends 2005 pathfinder just now and i find it too small for me i don't even fit in it my head touches the top and my legs are cramped. shame because i like the way it drives it feels light and nimble .
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:49 pm

I drive 2 cars.
A Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8. 8) My personal supercar. :lol:
A Land Cruiser, 2001 model, slightly modified for off-roading.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby supernova on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:42 pm

Nice combination mate. You like the EVO one of my favourite cars i would like to own.
By any chance, you are not the guys with the silver EVO with the carbon fibre black hood?

And the cruiser is an amazing strong SUV
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:23 pm

I have the stock hood, but, even my EVO is silver.
BTW, There are a great number of silver EVO owners with a carbon fibre hood!
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby supernova on Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:11 am

I have noticed that.

I thought you where my Neighbor :) that is why i was asking.
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Pathfinder

Postby supernova on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:26 am

Hi Guys,

After all that research and test drives, i changed my mind and got a Nissan Pathfinder 2003 full options inc leather. it is a very good condition has 96km on the clock. i went with this choice because i didn't know how long i was going to stay in this country. so if we decide to leave in few months i don't lose 20k AED. by the way i paid 62k AED i know it is not a bargain but it had everything including Nissan service history. one bad thing about this SUV it is too small for me, the seat doent go back far enough for my long legs :(

take care and thank you all for your support
supernova
Tuner
Tuner

Postby varshik on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:06 am

hey supernova,congrats fr yr new ride...

personally i feel you shudnt hav compromised on the comfort part of it...specially when its nt comfortable fr d driver(you)...i hope you dont keep cursing yourself fr gettin a car wher your legs dont stretch out completely,enuf to keep u comfortable on long drives...

ne ways its a nice car n yea 62k is ok for a 2003 model considerin it has done only 96k kms...
varshik
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:02 pm

62k is OK but 60k is the price it actually deserves. varshik is very right, you shouldn't have bought something in which you don't feel comfortable. This might sound harsh, but, you should have bought some other 4x4 or even a sedan if you wanted front seat legroom.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

supernova

Postby root on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:31 pm

supernova...dont listen to these guys :)
Congratulations and enjoy your car! You did a lot of research and I think you made the best decision. Your legs will adjust...i know, I've got long legs but I've driven Polos, 207s, minis and you adjust. If you cant, then take a 12 hour flight in the middle seat in economy class and you will never complain about leg space in a pathfinder.

The way I see it..if you stay longer you can always upgrade to something else without losing too much money. And given that you have'nt put all your savings into it, you wont feel too bad abusing it a bit offroad (or maybe you will).
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Previous

Return to SUV, 4x4, Trucks