Advice on buying a new Hyundai "Tucson"

Discuss the best sedan 4-door to get or not to get....

Moderator: azi malik

Advice on buying a new Hyundai "Tucson"

Postby kasinathan on Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:24 pm

i would like to know more about the performance of Hyundai "TUCSON", like maintenance, fuel efficiency and resale value etc..,
kasinathan

new and hard to say

Postby sushi on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:46 pm

The Hyundai Tucsan is a new car in UAE. I dont know if I've ever seen one on the roads in UAE.

The 4x4 is smaller than the Santa Fe (built on the Elantra frame as opposed to Sonata), but its supposed to be spacier than Santa Fe. Santa Fe is going to be re-done to become a larger 4x4 next year.

I would suggest going for the V6 2.7 liter atleast. The other V4 one will probably not pull the weight. Even 2.7 liter is underpowered like the Prado GX.

Hard to say about re-sale value, but here in UAE, Hyandai does not have the re-sale value of Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi 4x4s.
sushi

how much is it for?

Postby Ali on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:50 pm

The Tucson is a Santa Fe little brother. Depending on how much it costs and how much you are willing to spend, it might be a good buy.

I believe Tucson is competing with Honda CR-V or Nissan X-Trail. I doubt that you can do any serious off-roading on it. The engine seems a little under-powered.

In US the V4 is selling for $17500 and V6 starts at $20,000. That is AED 75,000 for the V6, which seems pretty good. I wonder what Juma Al Majid are selling at. Can you confirm the price?

Hyundai quality has improved a lot over the years. They have good warranty. Their resale is not that great (but changing slowly). You choices in this price range are probably Kia Sportage, Honda CR-V...and I'm not a fan of either.

Ali
Ali
Cruiser
Cruiser

get a sedan instead

Postby gazza on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:49 pm

I would suggest to go for a Sedan instead...Tucson is not a real offroader and is more like a larger city sedan - hence just go for a sedan and its comforts. If you like Hyundai, check the new Sonata out - its been getting good reviews.
gazza

Test drive it..

Postby Ferrari on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:00 am

and then test drive the Toyota RAV4, the Honda CR-V and Nissan X-trail! You need to feel comfortable with the car. Engines-wise Toyota and Honda are the best. Hyundai has got the curves but still lag behind on the mechanics.

If you're getting it financed, it'll probably cost you the same amount as any of the above...the Tucson might be slightly cheaper, but it'll devalue with the same amount (i.e, as slightly higher percentage but lower base price) as the above.
Ferrari
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Re: Advice on buying a new Hyundai "Tucson"

Postby switchcar on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:19 am

Even i m confused..., a chevrolet cruze or a bigger 'tucson'
switchcar

My Profession: research
My Dream Ride: cheap yet big

Re: Advice on buying a new Hyundai "Tucson"

Postby azi malik on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:14 am

tucson.... if ur a hardcore chev fan... then go for cruze