2011 BMW 335i Sedan: Standard vs Loaded

Discuss the best sedan 4-door to get or not to get....

Moderator: azi malik

2011 BMW 335i Sedan: Standard vs Loaded

Postby fadi khan on Tue May 03, 2011 2:42 am

335iBase_png_677x1000_q100.jpg
335iBase_png_677x1000_q100.jpg (139.85 KiB) [ Viewed 541 times ]
335iBase_png_677x1000_q100.jpg [ 139.85 KiB | Viewed 541 times ]

After downloading all of the pricing information about Ford’s Mustang GT in last week’s BVL, we thought we’d take on a popular German target with BMW’s 3-Series this week. Of course, when looked at from the 328i up through the M3 variants, there are an awful lot of legitimately different cars that wear the 3 for BMW, so, for this session, we narrowed the field down to simply the 335i sedan. As you’ll see, that limitation doesn’t mean that we didn’t find a wide gulf in price, from Base up to Loaded.

Base

Price: $42,050 (335i Sedan) + $875 (destination & handling) + $0 (options) = $42,925

Loaded

Price: $42,050 (335i Sedan) + $27,119 (options) + $875 = $70,044

What Does $27,119 Buy?

Titanium Silver Metallic - $550
Cold Weather Package - $1000
- Retractable headlight washers
- Heated front seats
- Split fold-down rear seat
Convenience Package - $1200
- Rear manual side window shades
- Comfort Access keyless entry
- Power rear sunshade
- Park Distance Control (rear only)
- Anti-theft alarm system
M Sport Package - $3750
- Sport Suspension
- Shadowline exterior trim
- Aerodynamic kit
- Increased top speed limiter
- Sport seats
- M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters - $100
- 18” light alloy star-spoke wheels, performance run-flat tires (replaced with 19” below)
Premium Package - $2650
- Interior mirror with compass
- BMW Assist with Bluetooth
- Lumbar support
- Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
- Universal garage-door opener
- Saddle Brown Dakota Leather
Active Steering - $1550
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
Active Cruise Control – $2400
Navigation System - $2100
BMW Apps - $250
Harman Kardon surround sound system - $875
iPod and USB adapter - $400
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription - $350
Automatic high beams - $250
BMW Base Support System – $238
BMW Comfort Ski Holder - $188
BMW Roof Box 350 - $560
BMW Ski and Snowboard Holder - $188
BMW Assist Convenience Plan - $199
BMW Apple iPhone Music Snap In Adapters - $197
BMW Phone Snap-In Adapters - $154
BMW Star Spoke 311 in Chrome - $5449
BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade - $2095
BMW Portable Navigation Plus System - $425

Base Model Features

Performance and efficiency

- 3.0-liter, 300-horsepower, dual overhead cam (DOHC), inline 24-valve 6-cylinder engine with aluminum engine block, TwinPower Turbo technology, Valvetronic, piezo direct injection, and Double-VANOS steplessly variable valve timing
- Electronic throttle control
- 6-speed manual transmission

Handling, ride and braking

- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), including Brake Fade Compensation, Start-off Assistant, Brake Drying, and Brake Stand-by features, with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Extensive aluminum componentry, including front suspension components (forged-aluminum lower arms, steering knuckle); subframe; steering rack; and brake components
- Double-pivot type front suspension with dual forged-aluminum lower arms (328i xDrive and 335i xDrive have steel lower arms and a steel subframe, plus an aluminum thrust plate)
- 5-link rear suspension with cast-aluminum upper transverse arms
- Front and rear anti-roll (stabilizer) bars
- Twin-tube gas-pressure shock absorbers
- 4-wheel ventilated anti-lock disc brakes with Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
- Engine-speed-sensitive, variable-assist power steering

Exterior

- Multi Spoke (Style 284) light alloy wheels, 17 x 8.0 and 225/45 run-flat1 all-season tires 2
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Xenon Adaptive Headlights with dynamic auto-leveling and Corona headlight-rings
- Halogen free-form front foglights
- Heated dual power mirrors and heated windshield washer jets
- Chrome-plated exhaust tips

Interior seating and trim

- 8-way power front seats with 2-way manual headrests with Active Head Restraints feature, and driver memory with 2 presets for exterior mirror and seat positions
- Leatherette upholstery
- Dark Burl Walnut Wood trim
- Comfort and convenience
- Engine Start/Stop button
- Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory includes climate-control temperature and air-distribution settings, exterior mirror and power seat settings,3 audio tone settings and radio presets with optional Navigation system, central-locking preferences, and lighting preferences
- Automatic climate control includes micro-filter, automatic air recirculation, left/right temperature control, temperature- and volume-controlled rear outlets, windshield misting sensor, MAX A/C function, heat at rest, and recall of individual user settings
- 2-way power glass moonroof with "one-touch" operation and sliding interior sunshade
- Front-seat center armrest
- Front passenger cupholders (dashboard-integrated)
- Rear-seat center armrest with cupholders
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel column
- Power front and rear windows with "one-touch" up/down operation
- Dynamic Cruise Control
- BMW Ambiance Lighting front and rear
- Courtesy lights include fade in/fade out, actuation from remote, automatic switch-on when engine is turned off, separately controlled left/right front and rear reading lights,
front footwell lighting, and illuminated vanity mirrors
- Ground-illuminating lights in door handles
- Locking glovebox
- Electric interior trunk release
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers and Automatic headlight control
- Instrumentation and controls
- 3-spoke leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel with audio and Bluetooth® phone controls (if so equipped)
- Service Interval Indicator with miles-to-service readout
- Check Control vehicle monitor system with pictogram display, oil status display, and Condition Based Service indicator
- On-board computer with Check Control provides feedback on the vehicle's operating status: oil level indicator and distance to next service appointment/oil change, as well as other detailed information, such as spark plug and micro-filter status. It also provides travel information travel range on remaining fuel, external temperature and more
- Audio system
- Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with Radio Data System (RDS)
- Auxiliary audio input for portable music players
- HD Radio™ with "multicast" FM station reception
Safety and security

- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Adaptive Brake Lights
- BMW's Advanced Safety System for integrated deployment of passive and active safety features
- Front and rear Head Protection System (HPS)
- Active Headrests
- Driver's and passenger's front airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS) with advanced technology: dual-threshold, dual-stage deployment; and front-passenger seat sensors designed to prevent unnecessary airbag deployment
- Seat-mounted front side-impact airbags
- Front safety belts with automatic pretensioners
- Front passenger seat-occupation recognition with Passenger's Airbag Off indicator
- Interlocking door anchoring system to help protect against door intrusion in side impacts
- Central locking system with center console switch (leaves gas filler door unlocked), double-lock feature and 2-step unlocking
- Coded Driveaway Protection
- Automatic-locking retractors (ALR) on all passenger safety belts for installation of child-restraint seat
- LATCH attachments on child-restraint safety installation
- Crash sensor that activates Battery Safety Terminal disconnect of alternator, fuel pump and starter from battery; automatically unlocks doors, and turns on hazard and interior lights
- Programmable Daytime Running Lights
fadi khan
Drifter
Drifter

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: MBA
My Dream Ride: Cygnus

Return to Sedan