How to buy a car from saudi and bring it to dubai?

Discuss the best sedan 4-door to get or not to get....

Moderator: azi malik

How to buy a car from saudi and bring it to dubai?

Postby EhabIced on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Guyz im new here..and i wanted to know how would i buy a car from Saudi and import to UAE?
I want to buy a car from someone i know who lives in saudi..and i want him to ship it over here to dubai..how is this possible and what do i need to do? im not a gcc or local either.
EhabIced

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: g37s
My Dream Ride: Ferrari Italia

Re: How to buy a car from saudi and bring it to dubai?

Postby root on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:29 am

EhabIced! Welcome to the forums!

First of all, to import a vehicle you dont need to be a GCC or local person, but you do require a residence visa. If you don't have a residence visa you will not be able to import stuff here.

Other than that its rather simple. Most of the work is in Saudi. You need to get the export papers made in Saudi and then either drive the car to UAE or get a shipping company to ship it for you. You will need your export papers from KSA to get the car released from the port or point of entry. If you are driving it in UAE, then you will also need some temporary insurance as well. At the port or point of entry they will make you the customs paper (used to be a green slip) where they check the import papers, vehicle chassi number etc, and issue you an imported vehicle paper. At this stage you might have to pay the customs duty of 5%.

Although you should not be charged import duty as the car is coming from GCC and already the GCC duty is paid, they will ask you to re-pay and then claim back from KSA that the car has been exported. If possible, try to get the custom paid papers from KSA at the time you export the car, as you may be able to save on the customs and the hassle later on. Also, if the car is used then the custom duty is based on a value they believe of the car rather than that of a new vehicle. All this customs is a grey area and depends a bit on what paper work you have with you and how cooperative the customs staff is with you. In principle, if you have paid in KSA, you should not pay again in UAE. But it needs to be proven, and normally they ask to claim back in KSA but pay afresh in UAE. Getting back money in KSA is a hassle of its own, which might not be worth the time and effort. But we are talking small money here.

You might want to talk with a shipping company instead as they might be better able to handle the custom duties and hence worth paying them (might end up cheaper for you).
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Sedan