Export of car from UAE to Saudi Arabia

Discuss the best sedan 4-door to get or not to get....

Moderator: azi malik

Export of car from UAE to Saudi Arabia

Postby Ashfaque Khan on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:58 am

I want to know whether it's possible to export a car from UAE to Saudi Arabia. If possible what is the procedure for it & how much it will cost.
Ashfaque Khan

My Ride: Honda Accord greyish black; 2007
My Profession: Engineer
My Dream Ride: Range Rover

Re: Export of car from UAE to Saudi Arabia

Postby root on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 am

Hey! Welcome to the forums!

The export part is easy, as UAE is one of the biggest re-export hubs of cars in the world.
The import part you need to check in Saudi Arabia.

Search the forums! Many people have described the procedures for exporting vehicles. Its rather simple and can be done within a few hours. You basically take your car to Tasjeel and tell them you want to create export papers. They will check the chassis number, de-register it and give you export plates (blue ones) if you want. You need to get temp insurance for the 30 days the blue plates work.

Then its up to you on how you import into Saudi. You could use a freight forwarder to ship it for you, or you could drive it over to the border. The import procedures for Saudi I am not sure of. For other GCC countries you need to show proof of residence.

Also, I believe you need to get from the dealer you bought the car, the certificate of the GCC tax/duty paid, so you don't have to repay it in Saudi Arabia. Search for a similar post earlier on this forum on exporting to Bahrain. I think someone has mentioned what needs to be done regarding this.

Hope this helps!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Ahmed Elgayar on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:16 pm

hi,
need to know how much it will cost me exporting from UAE to Egypt
Ahmed Elgayar

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: logistics manager
My Dream Ride: landrover

Postby root on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:47 pm

In a container should not cost more than $2000! Unless the pirates off the coast of Somalia snatch your car away :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby igkhattak on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:22 pm

It's very easy to export vehicles from UAE. You need to arrange export documents from Vehicle licencing. We can assist you further if still planning to export. We will tow your car to Saudi Arabia. The price depending on the location in KSA. ring me on 050-2045208.
igkhattak
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Manager
My Dream Ride: 1973 Toyota Mark II

Return to Sedan