Subaru in UAE

Discuss the best sedan 4-door to get or not to get....

Moderator: azi malik

Subaru in UAE

Postby WSF on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:09 am

what is it like to own a 04-06 Subaru Impreza 1.6 here in the UAE?? The resale value is poor but the car is known to be tough... I guess spare parts would be a concern right??

cheers...
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby root on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:50 am

The agent for Subaru (Al-Khoory) seems not aggressive as the Subaru is a great seller for SUVs in North America, and also in Oman which is close by.

Resale is not that great as its not a popular car here.
Same goes with spare parts...the grey-market or counterfeit spare parts are less to be found, and the volumes are smaller making it again more expensive than Toyotas, Hondas, Mitsubishis....

If you want to buy one, my advice would be to try to find a good condition one that is 1-2 years old so maximum price fall has already taken place.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby firasdxb on Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:10 pm

well subaru is well reputed cars, its one of the winning teams in internation rally's... I worked as an organiser for the 1000 dunes UAE rally for 3 years...and really the subarus are doing fine, but of course after being tuned up...

the only problem is the resale value, and less dealers selling the spare parts, in general the day-to-day spare parts are available, like braking pads, belts, light bulbs..but when things come to inside the machine and performance like fuel pump, sterring pump..etc.you will have a headache find it and paying more to it as well..

i recommend getting a brand new one driven by yourself only, in addition to gaining the dealers warranty...
firasdxb
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Re: Subaru in UAE

Postby michaelsmith on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 am

Subaru has very less reliability issues. What I like about his car is the engine, makes less noise but puts out a lot of power.
michaelsmith

My Ride: Toyota Corolla
My Profession: Marketing Manager
My Dream Ride: Ferrari Italia

Re: Subaru in UAE

Postby kiangr on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Cheap car worth to buy it
kiangr

My Ride: Audi S6 Black
My Profession: IT Manager
My Dream Ride: BMW

Return to Sedan